You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
As a creative and dynamic freelance print designer I strive to produce textiles for the fashion market that capture the essence of excitement and forward thinking - creating a balance of innovation and commercial utility. My primary focus is on printed textiles for womenswear apparel, creating original trend - led artworks. I have a strong eye, keen attention to detail and a firm desire to create new techniques and concepts. I have proved and utilised these skills in my experience and work as an embellished and embroidery swatch designer. My work concept is one of imaginative and sophisticated colour stories. I apply an aesthetic that is both experimental and feminine, with a concentration on hand painting and drawing, which are then manipulated and enhanced using my advanced CAD skills. RELEVANT SKILLS - Drawing, hand painting, fashion illustration. Concept creation & presentation - mood boards, initial sketches and final designs. Print trend analysis - catwalk research & fashion forecasting. Advanced CAD, repeats, borders, colour separations, recolouring, re-sizing, vintage print conversion. Highly skilled in embellishment - focus on creating new and innovative techniques. Advanced knowledge of digital and screen printing techniques, processes, dyes and limitations. Sourcing materials, finical planning, production and quality control. Working to a brief, meeting deadlines, working in fast paced environments. Fast reaction to briefs and quick turn around. Closely liaising and clients with factories to meet specifications. Extremely organised and efficient, confident working alone and within a team.
- Research and editorial role - Source clothing from fashion magazines and blogs. - Focus on new trends, high fashion and catwalk to high-street - all for online fashion site.
- Freelance designer + part time role, in-house for the supplier. - Work with senior print designer, creating commercial womenswear prints.
- Design embellished/textile swatches, focusing on trend prediction and new techniques.
- Work with creative director to design womenswear artworks specific for studios stories for that season. - A focus on hand drawing and painting, then manipulated into a digital design.
- Designed and Produced,’Stars of Christmas’ alongside Creative Director, Marcia Kilgore and Head of Production. A collection of 13 limited edition, hand embellished boots. - Sole responsibility for running of project. - Collection given a special feature and personal bio on FitFlop’s homepage.
- Designed series of prints and embellishments for s/s16, alongside Senior footwear designer. - Print series in production to be launch s/s16 - Embellishments to be used in conjunction with their s/s16 collection.
- Embroidery designer alongside creative director Hubere Barrere, in a team of 8 designers. - Swatches successfully put into production for Chanel and Dior couture, among others.
- Embroidery and Print design intern, alongside head of design, in a team of 7 designers. - Embellishment swatches successfully put into production for a/w12 collection.