Andrew Odong is a Writer and Founder of Pesa Productions, an organisation which exists to bridge the chasm between “the creative” and “the corporate”, through creative solutions manifesting as events, content and strategic brand partnerships. He has worked with Vice, Spotify, BFI, BBC and Interview Magazine on projects which foster a core ethos of representation, authenticity, creativity, kindness and sustainability.
- "MIRRORS" Trailer BFI Flare 2018 | A visual interview series | The Art Machine"MIRRORS" is an interview series featuring queer artists of colour based on an extract by American Author and Poet, Junot Díaz. The visual touches on the social, political and mental implications of representation and asks what happens when these groups are denied visibility altogether? How does that impact identity formation and personal development?
- BFI x Art Machine - RISE QTIPOC Representation and Visibility in FilmIn collaboration with The Art Machine, BFI Flare presents RISE – an exploration of queer, trans, intersex people of colour (QTIPOC) representation in film. This free one-day symposium featured a series of panel discussions exploring filmmaking as a tool for storytelling and reclaiming narratives of marginalised communities.
- Why We Need To Celebrate Black Mediocrity for HuffPost UKAn article which was written for HuffPost UK during Black History Month, where I rebuke the notion of "black excellence" and introduce the concept of "black mediocrity" - a counter-argument with the aim of normalising the achievements of black individuals.
Projects credited in
- Jannis Birsner on his journey to becoming a ProducerWe interviewed Jannis Birsner a Berlin-based Producer specialising in music videos, content, art and fashion. Jannis has worked with some of industry’s most established brands and collaborators including Nike, Kendrick Lamar, Mykki Blanco, Givenchy, MCM, 032c and Vogue.5
- Julie Vergez on what makes a ‘Creative’ ProducerWhat is the difference between a “Producer” and a “Creative Producer”? We caught up with Julie Vergez, an accomplished Creative Producer with 15 years of experience working with brands such as Hermès, Kenzo, Red Bull and Bianca Saunders. She has also collaborated with notable artists including Larry B, Akinola Davis, IGGY LDN and Ibrahim Kamara.24
- Christina Ebenezer discusses the rise of the generation of D.I.Y. PhotographersAre you a photographer who produces your own shoots? We caught up with Christina Ebenezer, a Photographer who has shot for the likes of Neu Neu Magazine, Daily Paper and Notion, about the creative process and the role production plays in her work.10
+ Show more
Production Director & FounderPesa Productions
London, United KingdomFreelance
Pesa Productions is a production company specialising in socially conscious events, content generation and strategic brand partnerships. Our ideas manifest via pragmatic and visionary approaches with a keen awareness of intergenerational and intercultural nuances. Previous clients include: Interview Magazine, I-D Magazine, Spotify, BBC, Audible and the British Film Institute. If you are interested in engaging new audiences, transforming your brand image, gaining access to new revenue streams or simply reinvigorating an existing portfolio of creative content, don't hesitate to contact me for a free consultation on: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Senior Conference ProducerCorinium Global Intelligence
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Corinium is the world’s largest community designed to inspire and support the emerging C-Suite executives focused on Data, Analytics, Customer and Digital Innovation. In this role, I produced international conferences and generated content, facilitating exclusive access for C-Suite executives at the forefront of digital transformation. Through these private events, senior executives could connect to their peers, exchange knowledge, network and inspire personal, professional and organisational development.
+ Show more
- Project Manaement
- Commercial Strategy
- Brand Sponsorship
- Brand Partnership
- Commercial Partnerships
- Research and Development