Andy Hughes is a Lifestyle & Portrait photographer based in the UK, he explores themes of escapism and adventure through his mixed media practice. “If I’m creating a narrative or I’m on a journey I want to be able to document that any which way I see fit, whether it be a series of stills, gifs or video clips. The most important part to me is to capture how I feel at that time when I’m creating a study of work and to tell a story of a place or person. I want the work to feel raw, gritty and honest. By having time to build mini relationships with my subjects I feel that my work becomes more real” Recent trips have seen Andy on a yacht in the fjords in Norway, the hills and beaches in the south of France and the mountains and forests of Canada. Clients Include Sony, Warner Bros, NME, Q , National Geographic, This is Global, Indian Motorcycle, Millican, Sidetracked Adventure Travel, Ellis Brigham, EO Charging, appear [here], Adidas, Nikon, H&M, Crew Clothing Co, Budweiser & Red Bull. Extended commercial portfolio available upon request.
- Artist & Scupltor Tim RoyallNew work with artist & sculptor Tim Royall. I've known Tim for a few years now and he recently got in touch with me to begin to document his practice. He's such a talented individual and we spoke at length about how we want to show his audience certain attributes of his practice. After gaining one of his most important commissions to date (the gilded eagles for this year's coronation) he felt the time was right to create a new website and update his brand. More can be found on my website. If y
- EO ChargingReally pleased to share some new imagery for EO Charging. It's been a pleasure working alongside the team for the last couple of years and helping them bring their vision to life. It's incredible to work with a team that is more of a collaboration and ultimately a company that is working in the right way and building a future for everyone. Thanks go to Impero for the production of the Home/Lifestyle shoot. Credit Production - Impero Marketing Director - Miles Freeman Creative Lead - Craig Nas
- Sidetracked AdventuresSophie Nolan is an International Wilderness Guide. Her clients are taken on truly incredible experiences in the North of Finland embedded deep in the National Parks far above the Arctic Circle. The passion she has for the outdoors is very infectious and heading out to work with her you can see why surrounded by vast landscapes, it feels like you have so much more space and time there just to explore. “We are so blessed to be able to take our clients to these unique areas, we have a huge env
- Ben Andrews - Freeda crush on with DieselFreeda brought me in on commission to shoot part of their series ‘Crush On’ in partnership with Diesel. Ben Andrews is an organic farmer in Herefordshire, he runs the family farm along with his father of around 600 acres. His story is rather unique in that he is one of the leading voices for the gay community with the Agriculture sector. He is one of the founders of Agrespect which was set up to celebrate and encourage more diversity within rural communities. This series focuses on real people
- EO ChargingI was commissioned last year through this platform by EO Charging. They were looking for a photographer to collaborate with on all levels. I'm really happy some of this work has started to come out now after their announcement to be the hardware supplier for the new Amazon electric fleet. Exciting times ahead, I'm really looking forward to working with the team more. Getting deliveries to your door in a more sustainable way presents a challenge. Thanks to our collaboration with Mercedes-Benz V
- Sytch Farm StudiosSytch Farm Studios Jon & Gill are makers, from their studio they craft from clay, wood & metal. I had the pleasure recently to head down and spent a little time in their company and shoot a narrative to showcase the very best of what they do. I think time almost disappears when finding common ground, and that always seems to happen when meeting other creators. It makes the whole documentation so effortless and easy for my subject matter which is key to how I work. Not only do I want the view
+ View all
Projects credited in
- EO x Amazon LaunchTo achieve its pledge of becoming net zero carbon by 2040, Amazon has partnered with EO to electrify its delivery fleet across the UK & Ireland. To launch this exciting partnership we worked with photographer Andy Hughes to document the project, creating a range of assets to use across our social channels and collateral.
- Red Bull Music OdysseyRed Bull Music brought in Warm Street and Tropical Hotdog to create the full visual design for their 2018 flagship project. Inspired by retro rave graphics, we create the branding for the show with 50 artists across six boats turning the Thames into a floating party on 30th June for their flagship 2018 event.7
- Lost Villagean immersive festival experience in an abandoned woodland village... As you venture into the woods, you enter a land that time forgot; an ancient forest inhabited by all manner of unusual people. Nomadic tribes, clandestine cults and misplaced souls, all wonder its leafy corridors. Once inside you will co-exist with the native people of the Village, as reality flickers and a new world arises. A surreal dreamscape of unsolved mysteries. Fanatic have been the official photography since Lost Vill20
- WeWork Summer Camp2018 was the seventh annual Summer Camp which saw 8,000 people from around the world come together as a community at Eridge Park, a wooden area 40 miles southeast of London, for a long weekend of music, food, outdoor activities, and opportunities to improve their skills or learn more about themselves. Most attendees were employees at WeWork, a number that has more than doubled over the past year to include more than 6,000 people. WeWork staffers consider Summer Camp a chance to bond with collea3
- CitadelFanatic have provided the official photography for Citadel festival since it launched in 2015. Citadel has established itself as the relaxed, family-friendly music gathering staged on a summer Sunday. It may have a chilled vibe to it, but still boasts some top musical acts, plus all manner of other pursuits, including comedy, arts, talks, workshops and lots of top food and drink. All images © Fanatic7
- SnowbombingTaking place in the picturesque Austrian resort of Mayrhofen, the ski holiday-music festival hybrid that is Snowbombing is now in its 20th year, and attracting more than 6,000 revellers each April. Fanatic have provided the official photography since 2010 when director Danny North first shot the event alone! A late-season, Jägermeister-soaked endurance test, it regularly hosts some of the biggest names in electronic music, with past acts including Example, Dizzee Rascal and Pendulum, and is ge11
+ Show more
- Commercial Photography
- Fashion Photography
- Portrait Photography
- Adobe Lightroom
- 35mm Film Photography
- 120 Film
- Editorial Photography
Portrait of HumanityThe British Journal of PhotographyMy image was selected as one of 30 winning single images for Portrait of Humanity 2022. Exhibited at PHOTO 2022 (Melbourne, Australia) from 19 April – 22 May 2022 & Indian Photo Festival 2022, State Art Gallery, Hyderabad.