Hi! I'm Anita, a 2D animator and illustrator based in London. I have 3 years freelance experience collaborating with illustrators and working on a variety of projects for agencies and animation studios. My projects focus on the combination of mark-making, texture, pattern and colour, and frame by frame when possible! I tend to lean on the abstract side of the spectrum when exploring ideas and styles, so projects that are a little playful and have room for experimentation are always a plus!
- FudioAfter nearly 3 years of growing a co-working space, Fudio, in Hackney, it felt like it was the right time to create a website to showcase all the talented creatives in the space. We had no online presence and had a logo that hadn’t been redesigned as the community evolved. I took on the task of reworking the logo and animating a short loop to be used for Fudio’s online presence. It was important that animation was vibrant, energetic and representative of the space. We also decided that it was im
- Mixed Parts - BizarreEvery other month, animation community hub, Mixed Parts, challenges animators to create a short loop based on a theme and colour palette. For this brief, we were given music created by Ambrose Yu and the theme was ‘bizarre’. I listened to the music on repeat and broke the music into pieces. There were three points in the audio where I could visualise morphing and there was a flow to the music that made frame by frame animation feel like the right route. - Design & Animation: Anita Gill Music: Am
- DASHA short animation inspired by a series of speed paintings exploring movement and balance in abstract compositions. I grouped them all together to find a flow and narrative, but in the end, just two paintings were used. Trying to make them all work together felt too forced. More to come with the remaining frames soon! - Design & Animation: Anita Gill
- Face LoopAfter some time of not getting the chance to work on personal projects, I decided to set myself a challenge of creating an animation in the day. I decided to draw one frame every hour in a work day. It felt like a way of satisfying my need to create something full of energy in a short span of time. The only vague parameter was that I wanted a sense of flow and rhythm without planning out any frames. The idea was just to spend 30 secs on each image and draw what naturally felt right for the the n
+ View all
London, United KingdomFreelance
I have mainly worked on content for short form video and social media, varying from creating segments for short documentaries, title slates and logo animation to collaborating with illustrators to bring their illustrations to life. I’ve been fortunate to work with a number of studios, agencies and independent animation directors and illustrators such as: DBLG CNN Motion (Permalance for 12 months) Grand Matter - Toby Triumph Hannah Jacobs Jo Ratcliffe - Chanel Sam Brewster - Interstore Katie Scott - Makoto Azuma Strange Beast - Anna Ginsburg
- London, United KingdomFreelance
My 12 months at CNN Motion included storyboarding, illustration, animation and compositing; taking a project from idea generation through to completion. I worked on a variety of briefs ranging from illustrative animations for sensitive subjects to lower thirds, title sequences and animated segments for upcoming CNN series'.
+ Show more
- 2D Animation
- Aftereffects Animation
- Cel Animation