Annemarieke Kloosterhof is a multi-disciplinary designer living and working in London, originally from a small town in The Netherlands. Annemarieke studied BA-Hons Graphic Design and Illustration at Central Saint Martins in London, and now works as a Paper-Artist and Art Director. Annemarieke’s Paper-Craft & Illustration work has been published in magazines, newspapers and online. She has exhibited her paper-craft pieces and has illustrated a childrensbook. Annemarieke has designed award winning Short-Films, as well as a range of commercials, music videos and branded online content. Annemarieke likes to play with colour, composition and texture, and enjoys creating hand-made/drawn illustrations, props and models – both for photography & film. Though her portfolio is diverse, all her projects have 1 thing in common… an incredibly high level of detail! Instagram: @annemarieke.kloosterhof
- Breast Cancer Charity - paper craft for auctionI designed and made a multilayered Paper Craft Art-piece, which will be sold at an auction to raise money for Breast Cancer Now. It is a custom made piece which was cut by hand. The pose I settled on was the one where the model showed the class how to use your 3 fingers to press and check your breasts for lumps. The “Save a Lifedrawing” project which organises the auction, ran a zoom-class event raising money for the charity, and myself and a diverse number of other artists (soon to be reveale
- "Up in the Air" - A Paper-Craft still life about Lockdown.“Up in the Air” is an conceptual collaboration between Annemarieke Kloosterhof & Nick Dunne mixing Paper Craft with Still-Life, representing the anxiety people currently experience in quarantine, and the questions about the future this brings with it...
- 8 Maids a MilkingA reinterpretation of the famous phrase, illustrated as a multi-layered paper craft piece depicting a diverse range of women giving breastmilk to their newborns, in a way to help fight the stigma of public breastfeeding. - I tried to be as inclusive as possible with my 8 “maids” and purposely added some bottles as not all mothers can breastfeed, due to either biological, medical or social reasons.
- Paper Craft Christmas Series - Stella Telegraph MagazinePhotography: Nick Dunne Paper Craft Set Design : Annemarieke Kloosterhof This paper Christmas photo series was inspired by the theatre, and subtly references classical plays such as The Nutcracker & Swan Lake, from which we took inspiration for both the indoor & outdoor scenes, which were all completely made by hand. We shot 9 different scenes in total, both for the cover & interior pages of the magazine.
- "Primary" - paper still-life seriesA series of 6 paper-craft still life images, for Arctic Paper & The Paper Artist Collective, exploring the 3 primary colours: red, yellow and blue, in collaboration with still-life photographer Nick Dunne. The project is a depiction of a real passion of mine, which is spotting the 3 primary colours in the wild (eg a red, yellow and blue car waiting neatly in line at a trafficlight.) In a way to celebrate the root of all colour-mixing, the foundation of minimalist art and with a wink to Piet Mon
+ Show more
Freelance Paper ArtistSelf Employed
London, United KingdomFull Time
Working as a freelance creative in all things Paper-Craft, with experience ranging from 2D, 3D & 4D with anything from illustrations to props, miniature models to full blown film-sets, photoshoots to window displays!
Paper Artist& IllustratorViktor&Rolf
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Paper-Artist Model Maker for the new Victor&Rolf perfume campaign by L'Oreal. After we shot the posters for the perfume campaign I was also asked to come on board the project as the Illustrator, and was asked to provide artwork for all visual merchandising and indoor displays for their summer 2018 launch.
+ Show more
- Art Directing
- Paper Craft
- Paper Cutting
- Digital Illustration
- Production Design
- Set Design