Specialising in Video and Projection Design for live performance, Ash J Woodward has designed and animated content for large scale shows in the West End and Broadway as well as smaller fringe and scratch performances all over the world. Having originally studied directing, Ash brings an analytical and narrative focused approach to his work, aiming to create beautiful stage visuals as well as purposeful, story led ideas. Ash enjoys taking a hands on approach to the work he creates, from 2D and 3D animation to filmed content and cinematography, there is his fingerprint in everything he does. Most of all Ash thrives on the collaborative nature of live performance, working in unison with other designers and creatives to bring out the best in the text and illicit a multitude of emotions from every audience member.
- Bletchely Park: Hut 11AA permanent exhibition that tells the story of the Bombe machines in the actual location that housed the machines which broke Enigma. Hut 11A: The Bombe Breakthrough explains in detail the challenges posed by Enigma and explores how Alan Turing, Gordon Welchman and others devised a machine to help solve it. Using the museum’s Oral History archive and historic objects, it also considers how this contribution to the success of Allied signals intelligence had a significant impact on the course of
- Armadillo - The Yard TheatreA teenage girl disappears from a small town in America where fifteen years earlier, another teenage girl was kidnapped. Now a woman, she watches the news. She reaches for her gun. She holds it close. Writer - Sarah Kosar Director - Sara Joyce Movement Director - James Berkery Composer and Sound Designer - Anna Clock Lighting Designer - Jessica Hun Hang Yun Designer - Jasmine Swan Video Designer - Ash J Woodward Stage Manager - Amber Skye Reece-Greenhalgh Production Manager - Jack Greenyer
- Harry Potter and The Cursed ChildBased on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorneand John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a new play by Jack Thorne received its world premiere in London’s West End at the Palace Theatre in summer 2016. Director - John Tiffany Momvement Director - Stephen Hoggett Illusions & Magic - Jamie Harrison Sound Design - Gareth Fry Video Designers - Finn Ross and Ash J Woodward Stage Designer - Christine Jones Composer & Arranger - Imogen Heap Music Supervisor - Martin Lowe Intern
- The Divide - The Old VicIn the aftermath of a deadly contagion which has decimated the population, contact between men and women has become fatal. Under the dictates of an elusive and authoritarian Preacher, an unthinkable solution has been enforced. The adult survivors are now segregated by gender and, physically separated, men wear white as a sign of their purity and women – still deemed infected – are clothed in black as a mark of their sin. Writer - Alan Ayckbourn Director - Annabel Bolton Designer - Laura Hopki
- The Cunning Little Vixen - Royal Opera House - Royal Ballet SchoolThe Royal Ballet School presents The Cunning Little Vixen, a new work choreographed by Liam Scarlett that shows the wonderful appeal of dance through the skill of talented new dancers. Choreography - Liam Scarlett Music - Leoš Janáček Arranged by - Peter Breiner Design and Concept - Liam Scarlett Lighting designer - Les Bone Projection designer - Ash J Woodward and Finn Ross
+ View all
+ Show more
- Visual Arts
- After Effects
- Cinema 4D
- Final Cut Pro
- Premier Pro
- Directing Animation
- Directing Actors
- Directing Freelancers
Outstanding Video/Projection DesignOuter Critics Circle2018 Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Video/Projection Design - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Finn Ross and Ash J Woodward.
Outstanding Projection DesignDrama Desk2018 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Projection Design - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Finn Ross and Ash J Woodward.
+ Show more