Hi, I'm Bayo. I create things that help African tech entrepreneurs gain investment, and help BAME female entrepreneurs gain the resources they need to build their startups, help women and girls in African countries get the support they need to live their best lives and help NGOs get the support they need to be awesome. My career so far has been awesome even if I do say so myself. I think we all define our version of awesome and where I am now is worth any trials and tribulations that it took to get here (and there were a lot!). Over the past three years, I was quoted by the Prime Minister (twice), I've presented at Harvard and Oxford University's business schools, and been the subject of a TEDx talk. I'm currently working on helping charities connect with people that are pre-disposed to care. I am great at connecting people. I love building communities and helping people find what they need in each other.
- Moon Landing: a community for black women by black womenWe want to see every black woman in the UK gain the support she needs to be the best version of herself possible. To achieve that goal, we are supporting black women that understand the needs of their community to develop programs, workshops, talks and other events that actually help black women achieve their goals in life. This is an opportunity for leaders to find collaborators, friends and partners that share your vision for the future of black womanhood in the UK.
- #TamponTaxiWe are all about getting the BAME community involved in the conversations that are going to shape our generation. That's why we work with incredible organisations, brands and charities that are making a difference in the world. We're extremely proud to have worked on this campaign to bring BAME representation to the UK's discussion about Period Poverty. You can watch the campaign video here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TgbWw3u8it98vy8tQRcdJMUo5xJxKDNe/view
- This is how I got hereI formed my first big investor relationship when I was 20 and in the second year of my undergraduate degree. I was running a business, figuring out who I am as an individual away from home, and trying to make sure I didn’t graduate with anything less than a 2:1. My business was my escape from all the stress and drama of living with people I barely knew. It was an experiment in entrepreneurship; a wild goose chase with no clear goals or vision in sight. I can’t say I cared about it. It was proba
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- BAME Freedom Festival #BFFest 2018DESCRIPTION This festival is about educating, entertaining and empowering the BAME community in London to be the change we want to see in the world. Between the 16th and 18th of November, we're going to have a weekend full of amazing panels, keynotes, classes, and parties as well as a live Podcast recording, an art exhibition, food and drinks merchants, pop-ups and so much more. This festival is supported by fantastic partners including - ASOS, The Dots, Purpose, Raise the Roof Kenya, This is ou
- About our founder & our initiativesBayo Adelaja, award-winning entrepreneur will teach and facilitate each of the sessions. Recognised by Harvard, Oxford and Durham University's Business schools for her entrepreneurial innovations, she is putting everything she's learned over the past 10 years into these masterclasses. Having worked with entrepreneurs in the US, UK and in a few African countries including (Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Namibia, Kenya), Bayo is well placed to help you build a business that serves the diaspora, or5
- BAME Freedom Festival 2018DESCRIPTION This festival is about educating, entertaining and empowering the BAME community in London to be the change we want to see in the world. Between the 16th and18th of November, we're going to have a weekend full of amazing panels, keynotes, classes, and parties as well as a live Podcast recording, an art exhibition, food and drinks merchants, pop-ups and so much more. Get your tickets here #BFFest2018 Street food provided by Lime Hut with vegetarian and nonvegetarian Caribbean dishes16
+ Show more