+ Show more
- KitchenEntry for an art competition encouraging entrants to paint the view outside their window. Instead of painting the view from beyond the window panes I decided to paint the view from deeper inside my kitchen, looking out at the washing lines. A scene of domesticity, this was painted during lockdown with the Kitchen being a metaphor for looking inside yourself introspectively. Inspiration for this piece came from the book Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto.
- S E U R A T I S MA fascination with line is a common thread that you can find within my artwork. Following on from my project Inside Outside where I explored how a double grid on an image could abstract what was in the fore, middle and background I decided to embark on a series of images made up solely of lines. Inspired by Georges Seurat's pointillism (because after all what is a straight line but a series of dots lined up); I explored how different line directions could make a section of the image appear cl
- UNDERSTANDING through TRADE muralMural design that I did as the Gibraltar entry for the World Trade Center Association’s 75th Anniversary competition. The theme was "Understanding through Trade" and sought to look at the tolerance and connectivity that arises through trade. I chose to represent this through the metaphor of a tower of cards as the reason the tower stands up is because each card supports each other. Moreover, given that trade relations is a delicate process I thought the tower of cards was a good representation o
- how to live a life of * N O R E G R E T S *Sketchbook that I completed for volume 15 of The Sketchbook Project; an art initiative in Brooklyn US where they ask artists from all over the world to complete a sketchbook and send it back so it is on permanent view in their library. The theme I chose for my sketchbook was How to live a life of no regrets. This is loosely based around Bronnie Ware's book " The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing" which documents Bronnie's experiences working as a palliat
- #itsOKnottobeOKPosters I designed to raise awareness of a mental health freephone line. These posters have been placed on bus stops around Gibraltar. Below you can see the original designs as well as the final result on the bus stops, showing the evolution of the design and the project. Christmas is not always a joyful occasion for all so if you are having a hard time please do reach out to Gibsams or your local mental health organisation.
- Mayfair exhibition at Catherine Best jewellery studioThis exhibition was inspired by a trip to Northern Italy where I was mesmerized by some of the decaying frescos on the Capella della Scrovegni in Padova. Inspired by medieval painter Giotto's palette I painted two layers of paint onto a canvas (the first being a metallic layer); and then sanded down the top layer thus allowing elements of the base metallic layer to shine through. The effect was to create paintings which appeared much older than they were, thus mirroring the charm of the frescos
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2022Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Wanting to grow your network? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2022 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything55
- Downloadable worksheets: Running your own exhibition checklistEver wanted to run an exhibition for your creative work but didn't know where to start? These downloadable checklists will give you my tried and tested methods for having a successful exhibition. For the full checklist head to: https://beatricegarcia.com/products/worksheets-hosting-your-own-exhibition
- Downloadable worksheets: Creating a body of work around a themeEver wanted to embark on a new creative project but didn't know where to start? These downloadable worksheets will help turn that dream into a reality, running you through exercises to clarify your creative vision and help you get started. To view the full worksheets head to : https://beatricegarcia.com/products/free-worksheet-creating-a-body-of-work-around-a-theme
- ANCIENT P O S T A L ROUTESSome stamp designs that I created for the Gibraltar Philatelic Bureau. The theme across European post offices was to create visuals that illustrated the ancient postal routes in your part of the world. My designs were the Gibraltar submission and show Lady Mary Wood and SS Iberia, two packet agency ships in the Strait of Gibraltar. Besides runners, packet agency ships were one of the means for transporting mail in the 19th century in the Strait.1
- Forging a Civilian CommunityGibraltar was captured by an Anglo Dutch fleet in 1704 but did you ever wonder what happened to the people living there? Find out about the struggles and the triumphs of the individuals in this book. A different vowel in each book was replaced by figures which you would have found in the 18th century in Gibraltar from the lady's in the infamous red cloaks, Calentita sellers and members of the Moroccan and Jewish communities. Book cover designs for a social history trilogy.
Art Project ManagerStreet Child United
Run the Arts Programmes for Street Child United for our street connected participants helping them to use the arts as a visual language to campaign for their rights as street children.
OwnerBea Garcia Art
I currently run and own Beatrice Garcia Art which specializes in the provision of artwork for individuals and businesses. Services provided for businesses include: Artwork for commercial, residential properties including artwork for lobbies, foyers and other communal spaces. Artwork for hotels. Artwork for business boardrooms which include celebratory pieces for company anniversaries. If you would like to enquire about purchasing or commissioning some art please get in contact.
- Lino Printing
- Acrylic Painting
- B2C Marketing
- Design Development
- Design Construction
- Public Speaking
- Public Art
- Creating Stories
- B2B Marketing