Becca Allen is a designer and illustrator with seven years industry experience working from (but not limited to) her studio by the sea in Cornwall. Becca works across a variety of sectors and design disciplines from illustration and large format murals to branding and apparel design; keeping work varied and exciting through collaboration, client relationships and travel. Becca believes in thoughtful, effective, responsible and beautiful design. Capabilities: Art Direction Brand Strategy and Positioning Brand Identity Illustration Logo Design Print and Editorial Signage Signwriting Environmental Graphics Packaging Design Apparel Design and Production Consultancy Selected clients include: Computer Arts Magazine, T3 Magazine, Biovault, Puma, Clifton Coffee, Habitat, eBay, Ford, Port Eliot Festival, Universal Studios, Rhythm Livin, The Bikeshed Motorcycle Club, No Guts No Glory, Retro Supply Co.
- QuotemarksA collection of 5 bookmarks each printed with an illustrated quote to inspire you whilst page turning. This project came after hearing a quote from the master of speed reading, Jim Kwik. Jim says to use a marker to follow each word whilst we read, this can speed up your reading by 25-50%. As humans, we instinctively follow motion, so using a finger, pen or marker under each word we read enables us to keep our focus.
- Moon MagicSharing cards designed for a bi-monthly meet up of women under the full and new moon. The cards has been designed for women to invite friends and acquaintances to a safe circle where they can converse, journal, meditate and hold space for one another without judgement. A space to set intentions in tune with the moons cycle whilst breathing and meditating collectively.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- rCUP by ashortwalk | brand storytelling and copywritingOUR CLIENT ashortwalk are an award-winning design company on the north coast of Cornwall, led by former Dyson designer and inventor Dan Dicker. Innovators in circular design processes and materials, ashortwalk see waste as a challenge, and an opportunity to participate in the creation of a more sustainable future. In late 2016 ashortwalk were asked to develop ideas to turn used paper coffee cups into new products. At the time, a BBC campaign led by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall revealed the dirty secret of cafe culture: the plastic lining of "paper" cups made them all but impossible to recycle. A reassuring "recyclable" logo didn't mean a thing when just 0.4% of single-use cups of the type used by Costa, Starbucks et al were actually recycled. The tide was turning on our throwaway culture and people were beginning to demand a more sustainable way to enjoy their coffee. rCUP is a thoughtfully designed solution to decades of carelessness. Rather than try to separate the paper from the lining of each cup, ashortwalk's partners at Nextek developed a way to use the whole cup, blending its fibres to create a useful polymer. Using this polymer, rCUP became the world's first cup to be recycled, reusable and 100% recyclable. This USP sets rCUP apart in a crowded marketplace of non-recyclable reusable cups made from virgin plastics. More importantly, rCUP offers an opportunity to share the story of circular design with a wider audience.
- Juliet Bailey PilatesI have practised Pilates for the last twenty years, so when the incredibly strong, serene and stylish Juliet established her own Pilates practice I was thrilled to be invited to write a biography for her about page. We began with a special class, just Juliet, me and my mum, in my parents' newly carpeted living room in Haye, the sleepy town close to St Ives in West Cornwall where Juliet teaches. As Juliet stretched our minds and bodies I paid attention to the language she used and noticed her use of metaphor, continuous tenses and sensory adjectives. After the class I worked with Julia Denni and Becca Allen, the talented team behind Many Mavens, and the wonderful photographer Lizzie Churchill to align Juliet's verbal identity with her visual style. Hey presto, a beautiful site that tells the story of Juliet's passion and skill for Pilates. https://www.julietbaileypilates.com/about/
Designing and consulting across all areas mentioned in the above 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Senior DesignerMeor Studio
- Saint Ives, United KingdomFreelance
Senior designer for Meor Design studio. Responsibilities include: Brand direction, identity and logo design Illustration Packaging Signage, interior, exterior design Hospitality - menus, fascias, wayfinding, murals Editorial - programs, flyers, booklets, postcards, business cards, stationery Pitching Client consultations Web design
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Mural Painting
- Signage Design
- Custom Typography
- Brand Consultancy
- Apparel Design
- Web Design
- Apparel Production
- Brand Design