• Created, launched and developed the Unii Student Brand Manager program. Recruited and managed a team of SBM’s across the UK, who were responsible for championing the Unii app at their university. • Spearheaded all marketing campaigns from concept to execution for the SBM program. Growing the app’s total users to 100,000+ users in the year one. These included launch events, national marketing challenges and a 6-university UK tour. • Shifted the brand’s marketing focus from user acquisition to user retention, implementing campaigns and strategies that emphasised the user’s return to the app more frequently. These included conducting focus groups and usability testing to gather user feedback and recruiting a team of brand influencers at our target universities to ensure the app was always populated with content that was relevant to each user. • Devised and executed a 6-university UK tour which culminated in Unii trending on the UK app store. Managing a 100k budget, the marketing campaigns throughout the tour, merchandise orders and all event logistics. • Worked on one of the companies other apps Fling, building a team of content influencers across the world.
• Successfully launched Rough Hill’s first travel products ‘Tribe Ibiza’ & ‘We Own Amsterdam’, taking over 1000 students away in the first operational year. Responsibilities included the planning & implementation of the national marketing campaign across 12 cities and 20 universities, using digital, social, PR and physical marketing. • Worked in a team of 12 head office staff, directly managing 3 central Account Managers and 8 Regional Managers across the UK. Recruited & developed an infrastructure of influential brand managers to promote these products, putting systems in place around the training of these staff to ensure the team fully understood the role and how best to carry out their day to day job. • Ensured the smooth running of these events, from the creation of content & entertainment pre event to the implementation and team management in country. Managed key client relationships at a local and board level, including Ibiza Rocks, Outgoing & Wasteland Ski. This involved regular meetings, presentations and constant communication with multiple travel and tour operators. • Responsible for the setting and management of a £150,000 per annum budget and delivering in excess of £300,000 turnover. Submitted weekly reports on sales, budgets and expenditure. • Showed initiative & identified a gap in the market, launching Rough Hill’s newest travel product, Abandon Magaluf, a holiday aimed exclusively at A-Level leavers. Displaying an ability to grow business.
• Created & built Rough Hill in Birmingham. Growing Supersonic Vague at Gatecrasher Birmingham & Full Moon at The Institute to two of the most successful events in the city, with a joint weekly attendance of between 4000-5000 people. Developed marketing & entertainment plans for both events. Booked artists including Katy B, Chase & Status, Tinie Tempah, Example & Professor Green. • Built and managed a strong and loyal rep/staff network of around 50 students for these three years. Managing their shifts, payroll and ticket sales. Responsible for large amounts of cash through paper ticket sales, this had to be banked weekly and reports then sent to head office.
• Responsible for the day to day contact with the UK’s top booking agencies, offering on and booking touring acts, whilst also maintaining relationships with Birmingham’s local acts. Also implemented diverse marketing campaigns effectively across a variety of media.
• Managed the free festival from beginning to end raising the attendance from 500 to 5,000 in three years and raising over £3,000 for charities. Responsibilites included developing the marketing plans, managing the event logistics and working closely with the UK’s top bookings agents to put together fresh and exciting line up each year. Acts that performed included Plan B & Example
BA (Hons) Degree classification 2:1