Ben Ballantyne is a highly enthusiastic and creative individual who is passionate about his craft in Graphic Design. He brings a sense of energy and passion into every project that he indulges in. His mind set of solving problems with creative solutions results in work that is highly professional in quality, yet retains a sense of personality that is design appropriate. Over the years in University, Ben has developed a variety of styles that differs for each project. He prefers clean and simple branding, yet loves creating abstract pieces that has a story behind each design element. He has found an appreciation for print design and enjoys experimenting with letterpress and linocut. When he's not at the desk, he will surround himself with vinyl and his musical instruments that keep his creative flow going back into the sketch pad and pen. Ben enjoys the studio environment of a creative agency and loves to take on design briefs that offer a challenge. He hopes to one day work within a graphic design studio in Australia. Additionally, he takes pleasure in working freelance with clients and finds a fulfillment in seeing the final outcome.
- Dystopia: Songs of OxfordAs a musician I have a tendency to write how I feel about a certain memory or location. I used this as a potential idea to create a lyric book that had three of my own invented songs and visuals of Oxford Street. After exploring the street to its full extent, I had an exact idea of how the lyrical and visual style could be illustratively designed.
- Full CircleFull Circle is a project that is very personal to me, both mentally and emotionally. It explores the suburban town of Ferny Grove in Brisbane, Australia, where I spent the first six years of my childhood growing up. I returned to the street and became overwhelmed with emotions, thoughts and feelings. I used the journey project in the Visual Enquiry 2 module as an opportunity to let out thoughts from my mind into a physical book form.
- Ulterior GuitarsUlterior Guitars is made up of highly passionate musicians who love one thing in the world...Guitars.They aim to provide a diverse range of products that they have to offer for those who want to be unique, creative and build their own sound. Their Mission Statement is to offer unique and affordable products that provides high value in its performance, play-ability, tone and the guitar’s body and finish quality.
- Elan Valley Distillery (Concept)*Brief set by Waters Creative. Elan Valley distillery are a small distillery in Wales, situated overlooking the Elan Village. They specialise in creating bespoke spirits tailored to you. With your influence, they establish the botanical profile and discover your gin.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Swansea College of Art, UWTSD, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, BA (Hons) Graphic DesignGraphic Design BA (Hons) at Swansea College of Art UWTSD prepares students for diverse creative futures in the widening world of visual communication. We pride ourselves in nurturing students in a friendly environment. We initiate a diverse range of graphic challenges and help guide the students’ response to these challenges by supporting individual aspirations and recognising personal potential. Our students attain both digital excellence and skills in traditional areas including Letterpress an18
- Print Design
- Branding Design
- Wireframe Creation
- Layout Design
- Poster Design
- Web Design
- Digital Design
- Motion Graphics
BA(Hons) Graphic DesignUWTSD
- Swansea, United Kingdom
Throughout my three years studying Graphic Design, I gained the natural ability to understand the clients needs via problem-solving and communication skills. This approach to working with clients allows me to naturally bring energy and excitement towards my ideas and solutions that is appropriate for the brief.