Benni Allan is an award-winning architect and designer based in London and Alicante with experience of projects ranging from buildings & interiors to installations and set design. His work has been exhibited extensively across the UK, Europe and Asia. In 2015, Benni was selected as an emerging up-and-coming designer and ‘One to Watch’ by the Design Council to represent the future of British design. He has completed work for major fashion brands including the "TRANSITION" exhibition and showspace for TOPMAN DESIGN SS18 to celebrate 5 years of Topman at London Fashion Week, as well as shows for clients such as Ports 1961, Mary Katrantzou and Erdem in institutions such as Tate Modern, the National Portrait Gallery, and Bold Tendencies. Other projects include brand environments for Adidas, Asos and Penhaligons. He runs a practice, EBBA Architects, with commissions within the arts, fashion, retail and exhibition sectors.
- Stockton BarAn exciting new venue in the heart of south-east London, Stockton functions as a coffee shop by day and evolves into a cocktail bar at night. Designed in close collaboration with the client, Stockton is an elegant and flexible space with scope to develop over time – an example of the studio's responsive open-ended approach to making architecture. The site's original stone flooring which we decided to retain, inspired a raw and earthy colour palette. Instead of simple painted walls, a rough plas
- Horizon for Ports 1961 AW18 ShowspaceI collaborated again with the fashion designer Ports 1961 at London Fashion Week in February 2018. The showspace was designed around the raw spaces of the Tanks at Tate Modern, with a proposal that emphasised the clean & elegant image of the brand while reacting to the qualities of the site. Horizon sought to introduce the atmosphere of sunrise with large spherical lights that helped to create drama and frame the large volume. The changing level of light and a specially correographed sound-track
- Fashion Discovery Exhibition for ASOSInvitation to design an exhibition for Fashion Discovery, a showcase of the most exciting emerging talent from the fashion programme. Situated within a tight repurposed Victorian shop, the design aimed to provide different ways of engaging and viewing the selected garments. The delicate frameworks were placed to offer a sequence of room-like spaces, inspired by the Japanese "Shōji" screen that helped to mark the space and define the route between them.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Beyond FashionMMBP was Head of Exhibition for the Beyond Fashion photography and film exhibit at ArtisTree in Hong Kong. As such, we identified and appointed partners for built, programming and logistics, brokered partnerships with Vogue HK, Net-A-Porter and SHOWstudio, handled project management, directed the creative development, exhibition design and architecture as well as the collaterals and the show’s visual identity.
- Architectural Design
- Concept Design
- Set Design
- Architecture Interiors
- Interior Design
- Art and Creative Direction
- Creative Designer
- Shop Design