Recently made redundant (Booo but also great news for you) Creative, Director and Producer. Over six years working across broadcast, brands, advertising and digital content. Pride myself on making work that connects with people in the day to day, allowing for authentic and personable content.
- Miami Muscle - Barcroft StudiosGoing back to my broadcast routes I worked with Barcroft Studios on their hit Snapchat and YouTube series 'Miami Muscle'. It was a nice change to go back to working in an established format frame work as a Producer and a Director. See below the three episodes I worked on.
- O2 MusicIn February 2019 I was brought into the fold of an agency called Just So to help come up with a creative concept for an O2 Music pitch which would engage with the infamous gen-z, whilst highlighting the importance of live music. However instead of playing it safe I asked Just So why don’t we go big. Why don't we pitch in their own music content platform that champions up and coming music talent. We pitched it. We Won It. This is O2 Music.
- Phoebe Bridgers X Arlo Parks - Radio 1 Piano SessionsI was approached by the management of the talented Phoebe Bridgers to direct and film two intimate performances whilst she collaborated with the amazing Arlo Parks with a tight budget and in Covid restrictions. Working with the amazing Sound Engineer Anthony Leung & Editor and super hun Rachael Hutchings, we turned it out. See below for an amazing performance of Phoebe's 'Kyoto' and a SEN-SA-TIONAL cover of Radioheads 'Fake Plastic Trees'.
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I was brought into Just So after having a sabbatical from making documentaries. Due to my experience at BBC Three I was brought in to initially help them on their pitch for O2 Music. That help was then brought into a full time Creative position after we one the contract for O2 Music. Over my year and 5 months there I worked across some great projects which can be found on my website (wink wink, nudge nudge) but will do a quick run through below. O2 Music - Creative Lead - Developed, directed/shot and oversaw the creation of four unique and engaging YouTube formats that showcased and highlighted the next generation of the UK Music scene. - Working closely with the Artist Liaison (The talented Joy Warmann) to work with artists that stretched across genres and styles. - Forged and nurtured a strong and unique relationship with the client representatives from social and sponsorship, which formed a collaborative, understanding and most importantly fun working style. O2 Music Social - Creative Lead - Working closely with Just So Art Director (James Laurel) to come up with a unique and different visual style for O2 Music that complimented the mother brand, but also lived in it's own stream of visual identity. - Created a unique social asset 'eco system' where O2 could sell tickets and pass on brand initiatives which we could incorporate into the O2 Music world without compromise of our built voice and image. - Established a new voice for O2 Music which allowed for O2 the mother brand to start to find it's footing in the music world which it had always struggled to find a voice in outside of 'gig coverage'. Olympic Channel X Toyota: What Moves Me Social Campaign - Senior Creative - Developed, pitched and oversaw social assets that brought Olympic athletes into the down to earth sphere of gen-z for engaging and shareable content. - Working closely with Head Of Creative (Ali Alvarez) to develop and create social formats and engagements which lived in their own sphere but complimented and enhanced the main campaign when viewed as a whole.
Shooting ProducerBlast! Films
- Hartlepool, United KingdomFreelance
Skint Britain: Friends Without Benefits In 2018, Channel 4 commissioned a 3 part series from Blast Films! , looking at how the UK’s Universal Credit was affecting the town of Hartlepool located in the North East of England. Embedded in the town for eight months. I worked with an incredible group of directors to tell the genuine and emotional stories of the citizens of Hartlepool and their daily struggle for survival. This was my final broadcast project as I write this in 2020 and it really did push me to the very edge as a Producer. To fully immerse myself in peoples lives and tell their story in a way which never diminished or glorified their everyday life took a lot out of me. However I will always be proud of this series, not only for the subject matter we tackled but also for shining a light on the normal family to lgbtq+ couples facing the struggles of disenfranchisement. https://www.channel4.com/programmes/skint-britain-friends-without-benefits
+ Show more
- Video Director
- Digital Content
- Social Activation
- Brand Campaigns
- Client Pitching