Hi, I’m Caro (or Caroline if you’re my mom – hi mom!). I’m a recent graphic design graduate keen to incorporate my marketing and business experience to create strategic and considered design solutions. In addition to my creative skills and highly developed aesthetic sense, I have diverse experience across marketing, community development, event planning, sales, creative direction, and people management. These skills allow me to approach design holistically – considering not just aesthetics, but also the wider business implications. I am sustainably-minded, and am seeking an opportunity to work within a challenging, creative, and forward-thinking environment.
- Concur: A Marketing & Design JournalFor my final major project I developed a conceptual magazine called Concur. It is a magazine about marketing and design – and encouraging these two disciplines to work in harmony. While they typically function as two independent teams, these areas are intrinsically linked. Marketing doesn’t work without good design, and design needs good marketing to reach its full potential. The first issue of Concur dives into the world of nostalgic branding design – including extensive primary and secondary
- Spark: Academic and Professional ContextsSpark is an A3 print publication that delves into the world of academic and professional graphic design, and examines the similarities and differences between the two worlds. It features work and interviews from Peter Chadwick, Dr. Gill Brown, Margot Lombaert, and June Mineyama-Smithson.
- The Big MeltThe Big Melt is an information design piece that highlights the rapid loss of glaciers due to global warming. I used a paper cut illustration style to draw the audience into the design, and complemented this with clean and minimalistic data visualisations in order to make the information clear and easily digestible.
+ Show more
Marketing ExecutivePip & Nut
- London, United KingdomFull Time
• Responsible for Pip & Nut’s social media strategy and management through content creation, planning and publishing, listening and engagement, and analytics and reporting • Content creation included commissioning, briefing, and art directing freelance designers across graphic design, photography, and videography • Worked with company’s external design agency to develop product packaging and design materials for multiple campaigns from creative brief, to design concepts, to final signoff, and print • Given specific responsibility to manage the company’s part-time graphic designer, briefing in projects, assigning priorities, overseeing work, and providing feedback on designs • Managed the company’s influencer marketing program – engaging, maintaining, and building relationships with the UK and Europe’s top fitness and foodie influencers • Assisted with ATL marketing campaigns, ensuring content was distributed across all touchpoints including organic social, paid digital, email marketing, event activation, and buyer engagement • Working with external PR team, responsible for amplifying the brand’s founder story through the creation of original content and promotion of relevant earned media • Assisted with the planning and execution of various events including in-store sampling activations, pop-ups, festivals, and buyer brand days; managed people and logistics of Brand Ambassador scheme • Managed a customer insights community comprised of 250 highly engaged consumers – collecting and analysing feedback and reporting this to marketing, innovation, and sales teams; achieved high level of engagement with community through delivery of interesting and relevant email content and rewards
Key Leader & Assistant Store Managerlululemon
- London, United KingdomFull Time
• Undertook position at Lululemon as part of work placement component for MSc degree • Promoted to position of Key Leader within one month of commencing employment based on demonstrated leadership and business abilities • Actively manage and optimise efficiency of retail floor, delegate roles and responsibilities, and provide in-the-moment feedback to the team • In addition to daily store management and operations, engage in high-level strategic planning in order to achieve targeted results across finance and operations, people, community, and product pillars • Across multiple stores have had ownership of community engagement and event management pillar, including store-level and region-wide events and activations, building relationships and collaborating with like-minded brands, and recruiting, onboarding and training fitness professionals and influencers for the Ambassador Program • In addition to above, role has strong focus on the development, training, and coaching of team members including both personal and work-related goals in keeping with the Lululemon philosophy • Administrative duties include rota creation, hours and payroll processes, budget monitoring, and profit and loss statement reconciliation
- Event Management
- Marketing Communications
- Creatively Minded
- Community Engagement
- People Development
- Graphic Design
- Print Design
- Social Media Marketing
MSc Fashion, Design and Luxury ManagementGrenoble Graduate School of Business
MSc with Distinction in Fashion, Design and Luxury Management • Two year graduate management program with residencies in Milan and Paris, incorporating internship component and full-year dissertation • Achieved Distinction on dissertation exploring topic of identity through fashion and “Enclothed Cognition” with a focus on athletic apparel
+ Show more