I'm an experienced creative director and producer with a natural flair for devising and realising emotive and considered communications and experiences across mediums, particularly within experiential. My solutions to a brief are always grounded in a clear strategy, strong narrative and with great care and detail spent on the content and aesthetic outcome. I'm passionate and fascinated by human nature, the arts, design, technology, trends and cultures which naturally inform my work. Unearthing the new or revisiting the old allows me to keep my work as fresh as possible. I love to write both copy for work and personally. I will question the status quo and enjoy collaborating with people who have a similar inquisitive and uncompromising approach to the delivery of creative projects. I’ve always been interested in helping people become the best versions of themselves. Through my own observations and experience of managing teams within an agency environment, I’ve seen how important creative expression is to our personal wellbeing and an organisations culture. This led me, earlier this year, to become an ICF accredited Happiness Consultant providing a solid foundation in the theory, psychology and practice of happiness. Combining this with my passion, BOYD, which explores the powerful relationship between creativity and happiness, is the natural result.
- Good Beets KitchenYou'd always find us in the kitchen at parties... cooking! A personal project with my good friend Rebecca formed from our combined passion for yummy healthy food. We launched Good Beets Kitchen in 2014, offering energising, delicious and organic snacks, free from preservatives, refined sugar and gluten. Our special occassion hamper boxes were a real winner and quite rapidly businesses (especially within the creative industries) were purchasing them as gifts for clients which were hand deliver wi
- Karina Twiss PhotographyThe talented beauty and fashion photographer Karina Twiss and I have worked together since 2012 when we shared a studio space in East London. Over the life-span of our working relationship we have worked for publications such as Wonderland, iD, Grazia and Rollercoaster, and brands such as Wella and Harrods. The focus of my services for Karina is in shoot production, art direction and support with the preparation of tretments and final submissions.
Projects credited in
- Sony World Photography AwardsCrown have been responsible for Sony’s activation of the Sony World Photography Awards (SWPA) since its inception in 2007. The Awards is a pivotal event for Sony, a premier platform to showcase the brand’s photography credentials in support of the World Photography Organisation (WPO) and their objectives. Promoting the world of photography from a diverse, artistic pool of amateurs and professionals, SWPA has become the world’s largest photography competition, recognising emerging talent from ac5
- Graduate Fashion WeekGraduate Fashion Week Graduate Fashion Week is the world’s leading event that celebrates the creativity of students and graduates of fashion. Founded in 1991, Graduate Fashion Week (GFW) showcases the work of over 1,000 of the very best students and graduates from the most influential and inspiring universities around the world. Over the course of its tenancy, the annual event attracts over 30,000 guests and features an eclectic mix of live photo shoots; interactive talks; catwalk shows and exh
- Kinetica art fair x crown communications: 10 year anniversary exhibition of lightWe were delighted to support ground ground-breaking new art media fair Kinetica with their 10 year anniversary exhibition. We’ve long been fans and it’s a rich source of inspiration, showcasing pioneering performative, live performance and media art installations. Following on from this we collaborated on a month long exhibition, at our Soho office, showcasing the works of three artists featured at the 10th anniversary show.7
+ Show more
Creative DirectorStrata Creative Communications
London, United KingdomFull Time
Project lead on creatively led pitches, speculative brief development and internal comms under the Always Curious umbrella. Specialising in conceiving or facilitating the 'big idea' and developing well researched, strategically relevant and original narratives for the content and experience across mediums. I oversee the direction and recruitment of the Creative team including the studio and play an active role in shaping Crown's positive and inclusive culture. I also take on the role of Client Director for Sony who I have been fortunate to work with for nearly fifteen years at a succession of agencies, and successfully brought to Crown. I value the freedom I have within my role to research and develop creative ideas and projects outside of the confines of day to day client work. I'm always looking for new talent, people to partner with or projects to explore that will elevate the nature of our creative responses. Success of this is demonstrated in our partnership with Graduate Fashion Week, collaboration with Kinetica Arts and the creation of More Love, a book which explores how brands can foster positive and healthy conversations within the mainstream around sex and relationships.
- Creative Direction
- Brand Experience
- Live Event
- Creative Campaigns
- Exhibition Environment
- Experience Design
- Environment Design
- Creative Arts
- Human Behaviour