You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project The Santiago Times - Articles ?
Do you really want to delete project Photography Portfolio?
Do you really want to delete project Hiive - Articles ?
Do you really want to delete project BBC III Pitch ?
Do you really want to delete project Revista Revolver - Articles?
Do you really want to delete project Heard on Hiive - Podcasts?
Do you really want to delete project Tiny Tickers - Online Copy?
I'm a skilled multimedia journalist and content writer with experience telling stories online and in print, and through audio and video formats. With my strong expertise in digital media, I'm a proficient Adobe Creative Suite user and social-media savvy. I developed excellent written skills as reporter for The Santiago Times in Chile, covering stories ranging from the country's burgeoning beer market, the campaigning actions of LGBT activists, and social innovation festival 'FIIS', featuring the founder of Wikipedia Jimmy Page. I also provided arts and cultural coverage for the online magazine 'Revista Revolver', interviewing local artists, exploring themes of immigration, and covering womens' rights protests. I have produced engaging and accurate copy for outlets including Eat Out London, Tiny Tickers, Bouncesin, Leeds Student, Lippy Mag and Hiive. I love developing new ideas and as a member of the award-winning Leeds Student Radio I solo produced a weekly factual entertainment show 'Seasonal Soundbites' and worked with a committed broadcast team to provide radio coverage of the 2015 general election. In December 2014 I was awarded the runner-up Best Female Presenter Award. I have since worked as a reporter for Podium.me, production assistant at Wandsworth Community Radio, podcast producer and voice-over artist at Hiive and intern at BBC Radio 4. I am a creative thinker and was shortlisted as one of the top 30 candidates out of more than 10,000 applicants for the highly competitive BBC Production Trainee Scheme. As part of the application process I was expected to continually devise multi-platform content ideas. I produced a radio documentary for Fashion Revolution week and pitched a three part documentary series for BBC Three. I'm a detail-oriented individual with astute research and analytical skills, honed through my history degree. I have worked as a researcher for factual TV production companies Nutopia and Nomad Films Ltd; as a finalist for The Grierson Trust Doc/Lab scheme for aspiring documentary film-makers I was praised on my high energy and commitment to storytelling. Having participated in the youth creative campaigning course 'Shake! Young Voices in Arts, Media, Race and Power' I co-produced an experimental film under the theme of 'Food Fight' which was screened at Rich Mix London. Finally I'm a self-taught and enthusiastic photographer. I have produced photo assets for organisations such as Sheffield Documentary Festival, Sky Academy Arts Scheme, The Old Vic 12, Light Night Leeds and Foundation Montecito in Colombia.
- Demonstrated an excellent attention to detail when undertaking research for multiplatform TV initiatives - Worked alongside editorial teams in development brainstorm meetings to pitch creative ideas
- Praised on my engaging and succinct writing style, positive attitude and ability to work well within a team - Developed content ideas, writing website copy, reviews, comment pieces, in-depth articles, and profiles in line with Hiive's house style and incorporating best SEO practices to drive engagement - Adapted my writing style alternately for different online/social channels - Liaised with external talent and clients, such as Belfast Photo Festival, curating and adopting partner content for the Hiive community - Devised, produced and edited monthly podcast #HeardonHiive episodes, published via SoundCloud and Clammr - Created digital assets using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, and assisted with the production of video content - Managed Hiive social media accounts through management software; maintained brand tone of voice, coordinated campaigns, scheduled activity and responded to enquiries - Coordinated outreach events such as Hackney Jobs Fair alongside the events team, demonstrating excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Acted as a reliable runner for live studio shows and demonstrated a meticulous mindset when creating research notes - Proved myself to be comfortable presenting ideas when pitching stories in planning meetings
- Conducted interviews, collected/edited audio to form podcasts which broadcast the views of young people under the age of 25 on numerous topical issues
- Awarded runner-up Best Female Presenter in Leeds Student Radio Semester One Awards, Dec’ 14 - Developed programme ideas for the weekly factual entertainment show ‘Seasonal Soundbites’ - Created podcast content using Adobe Audition, alongside appropriate graphics on Adobe Photoshop
- Converted press releases into engaging food-based articles for different trade body magazines, such as Eat Out London, adapting my written style and tone accordingly
- Proved myself to be thorough and accurate when undertaking qualitative research clarifying the dominant academic disciplines for a documentary project about the citizenship of India’s Nomad and Denotified Tribes
- Produced successful editorial copy in the form of engaging and informative online case studies for the general public - Generated media coverage of campaigns, including the writing of press releases, feature and marketing copy - Uploaded website content via CMS to ‘The Big Tick’ campaign page and sourced licensed images
- Worked in a busy and pressurised news office, and to tight deadlines, to produce daily shareable news articles - Researched and wrote complex feature-length pieces, and pitched original and unique story ideas - Responded proactively to constructive editorial feedback in order to perfect my writing style for a digital news site - Demonstrated a keen eye for colour and design, and was especially commended on my photographic essays - Proved myself to be highly computer literate with excellent IT skills and MS Office/Word literacy
- Pitched and wrote cultural features for the arts-based web magazine, covering film, travel and photography
- Demonstrated excellent proof-reading and editing skills when eliminating copy errors to ensure editorial consistency
- Exhibited a positive and persistent attitude alongside excellent negotiating skills when meeting fundraising targets - Developed an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with individuals of all ages and backgrounds
- Developed exceptional written communicative skills and achieved a first class classification for all my final year assessments, including a 12,000 word dissertation - Demonstrated an independent work ethic and excellent organisational skills by managing a varied workload and successfully prioritizing tasks to meet course deadlines - Honed analytical and in depth research and note-taking skills, attention to detail and an ability to synthesise ideas - Developed strong verbal communicative skills when delivering presentations and pitching ideas - Pursued my interest in film-making by undertaking an interdisciplinary module in which I analysed films and researched the extent to which film acts as a form of visual historiography