Chrissa Amuah is the Founder & Creative Director of AMWA Designs, an Adinkra inspired luxury homeware and interiors brand. She is an MA graduate from the world-renowned Chelsea College of Art & Design, University of the Arts London. Chrissa describes living with a sense of duality. Although born and raised in London, her heritage stems from Ghana, Togo and Benin; but it is from Ghana that she draws most of her design led inspiration. Following an international debut at Milan Design Week 2015, Chrissa has gained global recognition with press features in Elle Décor Italia, Departures magazine and the FT’s How To Spend It, to name a few. She has since gone on to establish AFRICA BY DESIGN; a concept of love intended to showcase and celebrate the best of Africa’s design talent. AFRICA BY DESIGN works to create international commercial opportunities for its featured designers. www.amwadesigns.com www.africabydesign.org
- Freedom to Move, sponsored by Discover Lexus for Design Miami by @tosin.oshinowo x @chrissa.amuahFrom Niger to Nevada. Egaro II as captured by @thismintymoment. The pattern laser etched onto the visor is called Breathe. It takes reference from the pulmonary veins of the lungs and the African fractal rhythm with which they repeat. Etched onto the surface of mirrored bronze acrylic, adds a sense of mystique and luxury. Inspired by Japanese sensibility and designed with African heritage. Model @shaugh_brett.
- Freedom to Move by Tosin Oshinowo and Chrissa Amuah, inspired by Lexus for Design Miami 2020In coordination with Design Miami/, Freedom to Move is a conceptual design that explores a universal language of protection, reflecting on the desire for freedom and movement through craftsmanship, cultural cues, and a reflection on global history. Film by Spark Creative.
- Freedom to Move, sponsored by Discover Lexus for Design Miami/ 2020, by Tosin Oshinowo x Chrissa AmuahWith the current global climate as our backdrop, @tosin.oshinowo and myself are delighted to have partnered with @lexususa to present a conceptual design collaboration for @designmiami 2020. Our collaboration explores our understanding of human existence and is a response to current restrictions on individual movements caused by the global pandemic. Together we have produced a series of headpieces that iterate on the evolution of ergonomics and elegance during this time. Egaro I Egaro takes it
- Freedom to Move, sponsored by Discover Lexus for Design Miami/ 2020, by Tosin Oshinowo x Chrissa AmuahWith the current global climate as our backdrop, @tosin.oshinowo and myself are delighted to have partnered with @lexususa to present a conceptual design collaboration for @designmiami 2020. Our collaboration explores our understanding of human existence and is a response to current restrictions on individual movements caused by the global pandemic. Together we have produced a series of headpieces that iterate on the evolution of ergonomics and elegance during this time. Egaro II Egaro takes i
- Amplify - LIVE in Conversation TODAY!Talking all things Amplify and next year's London Design Biennale, join Alice Asafu-Adjaye and I myself, later today, LIVE in conversation with Ivy Prosper. Discover how we were selected to represent Ghana, how we plan to work with local craftsmen and how you can also be a part of this globally significant event. JOIN US TODAY (Sunday 29 Nov) at 12pm (BST/GMT) on: YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Ps9VYkG4Y Or Facebook:https://web.facebook.com/live/producer/schedule/101589812291656
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Championing Diversity: This Black History Month 2018, meet 100 creatives inspiring changeKaren Blackett OBE Chief executive at MediaCom Karen Blackett OBE, is chairwoman of MediaCom and a widely admired leader in ad-land, known for infusing authenticity with success. Karen was the first businesswoman to top the Powerlist 100, champions her uncommon position as a senior black woman in the advertising industry and openly discusses her working-class, second generation immigrant roots when in conversation with press. Karen is a huge inspiration for diversity in the creative industry.137
- Leaders with social heart: 100 creative changemakersCelebrating social responsibility is at the heart of what we do, so we've partnered with Squarespace – whose mission is to inspire people with creative ideas to succeed – to shine a light on 100 influential luminaries from art, technology, charity, design, business and more that are working tirelessly to make our world a better place. To highlight these organisations, we asked 10 creative changemakers to each nominate 10 people behind inspiring brands, products and movements with amazing social
- Championing Diversity: this Black History Month, meet 100 creatives inspiring changeClaud Williams Claud is the founder of Dream Nation - a personal development brand empowering a community of practical dreamers. For Claud, Black History Month "represents a time to encourage people of all cultures and backgrounds to dive into a deep and rich global history.” He also shared that after looking back to pioneers of the American Civil Rights Movement, his own story took shape: “During a period of soul searching, I read the biography of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X, which had a p132
- Textile Design