A great user experience is my end goal, which is why I continually challenge my designs, with the end product to be sustainable and engaging. By balancing reason and streamlined functionality with out-of-the-box creativity, I work to bring the client's vision to life, relying on observation, collaboration, experimentation, iteration and the necessary testing to make the most informed design decisions for your project. I love to design simple, sustainable, efficient, enjoyable design solutions — solutions people don't even think about, but go to again and again. It becomes a part of their lives and once it touches them, they can't stop coming back. My goal is for people to think, "How did I ever live without this?" I’m interested in becoming part of a dynamic, collaborative and supportive environment, though I am also comfortable flying solo. With a combined expertise in UX design and project management, I navigate through various industries, projects and teams with an adaptable attitude. Browse around my portfolio site www.christinephan.com, and let’s have a cup of coffee and talk about working together.
- KiTTiSantander brought the concept of the “money pot” to the digital age. The idea is quite simple: create a pot, put money in, and spend it with your friends. This makes group spending safer, easier and faster. Our agency, Nimbletank, partnered with Santander, and our team was commissioned to add new features and revamp existing ones to increase user engagement. The integration needed to maintain the "money pot" scenario with an informal tone of voice, and ease of use. The integration was to be sea
- PortfolioI needed to showcase my work and didn't want to use a template. The site needed to showcase the varied range of work that I have done but also my experience and personality. The challenge: Creating a portfolio to showcase my work on a strict deadline. Wearing all the hats at once, from research, mood board, creating the style guide, finding icons, writing content, sketching, designing and coding. A team of one person and 3 weeks to design my portfolio.
- GetIn8!Get In The Net, a social game app company, had the idea to translate a paper game into a mobile platform. The game is played along while watching a live broadcast of a soccer game. It consists of selecting a team; players are allocated random field positions where the goal may be scored. If the goal is scored from the position allocated, player wins and the others lose for this round. The game resets after each goal. The company didn’t have a presence on the mobile gaming market and the app was to be launched for the start of the soccer season, our team at Nimbletank was commissioned to create the gaming app. It needed to be simple to play and to follow without distracting football fans from the game they were watching in real time.
+ Show more
Senior UX designerVerizon
New York, United StatesFull Time
Currently working on Design System team building for both platforms and specialty in app design system. Range of work goes from elements building, library IA, taxonomy, component documentations, specs. Worked on a B-to-C solution for Verizon app division. Business partners are based in another state and weekly face-to-face meetings help inform and validate design decisions to deliver work on a two weeks sprint. Design progress is shared with stakeholders on a weekly basis. Deliverables include: user flows, site map, sketches, hi-fi wireframes, document specification and prototypes. Testing storyboards and stimuli are developed in partnership with the research team after each iteration. Initiated and conducting weekly creative club to share inspirations, learn new tools, brainstorm and sketch to spark creativity.
- New York, United StatesFreelance
Worked on a FinTech B-to-B solution for a financial institution and a new business pitch. The cross-disciplined team is split between two locations delivering work on a two weeks sprint. Presenting UX/UI design progress to stakeholders on a weekly basis. Produced UX work throughout the product lifecycle from sitemap, user flows, hi-fi wireframes, document specification and prototypes. UX and visual designers work collaboratively to refine the solutions. Testing storyboards were developed and challenged weekly. Deliveries are for all platforms: Mobile and desktop.
+ Show more
- UX Design
- User Testing
- User Research
- Sitemap Design
- User Journey Design
- User Interviews
- Information Architect/user Experience
- Card Sorting
- Agile/scrum Methodology
- Design Studio
- Market Competitive Analysis
- User Flow Diagrams
- Feature Analysis
- Sketching Ideation
Core Skills: Market and user research, Information Architecture, Sketching & Ideation, User interface design, Wireframing, Prototyping, User testing and Design.
During this course, my focus was to learn Scrum and I am now certified in; Prince2 (practitioner), Agile (practitioner) and Certified Scrum Master.
+ Show more