Demonstrating my keen interest in cultural engagement, as a Project Coordinator for Arts 4 Dementia I liaise with arts and health organisations to coordinate pilot art programmes and co-lead cross sector meetings at major national cultural institutions. I am also a freelance Social Media Manager for This Way Up, leading their This Way Up Stories programme, celebrating and show casing the stories of women working in creative industries. Graduating with a First in English Literature, I learnt how to adapt my communication skills confidently in the publishing sector, assisting on events such as the Woman’s Prize for Fiction 2019 with Penguin Random House. Placements at galleries such as the Whitworth Art Gallery and After Nyne have demonstrate how I can go on to use my skills to curate creative community projects, and these have been formative in forging my ambitions to work in art engagement and programming.
- This Way Up StoriesAs Social Media Manager I led on the ‘This Way Up Stories’ project, which is the sister project of the This Way Up podcast – celebrating women talking honestly about the Good, The Bad and The Ugly of their career. I curate and produce a This Way Up Story each week, using Adobe editing software and scheduling systems to champion and celebrate personal stories of women in creative careeers. A personal highlight has been sharing the career story of one of my oldest friends, being able to share thi
- D-IAGNOSISCoordinated the D-IAGNOSIS project that has brought together leaders in culture, health and wellbeing to connect those involved and drive forward social prescribing as diagnostic practice for dementia. Cross sector meetings were held across the UK in partnerships with 15 major cultural institutions, initially these were physical events but over the last year these have adapted and been held via Zoom to drive forward the practice. This series of events is part of a wider campaign working towards
- New North SouthAs Arts Editor on of the largest piece I commissioned was a ten-week feature which covered the New North South programme on the anniversary of the Partition of India and spanned over a variety of institutions and mediums. I consistently sought to showcase the variety of exhibits and events taking place, which meant I had a very secure knowledge of the city's cultural event calendar. As I took the sole responsibility for the section, it has provided me with a strong work ethic and pragmatic appro
- Facing In - Whitworth Art GalleryWhile assisting at the Collection Centre I worked on the Facing Out exhibit in conjunction with the Maggie’s Centre, a charity which offers emotional support to those with cancer. As a gallery assistant it was my role to record feedback and to create a reflective and open space which encouraged discussion. But as a highly sensitive subject for those affected, I found it was hard to collect audience data for feedback when viewing was often a highly emotive experience. This encouraged me to lear
Projects credited in
- International Women’s Day 2021, meet 100 rising stars inspiring changeWe still have a way to go when it comes to improving gender diversity and equality in the creative, tech and digital industries – which is why it is so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. We’re thrilled to be releasing our annual list celebrating and shining a spotlight on 100+ rising stars from underrepresented gender identities – as nominated by The Dots community – who are transforming the industry of today and inspiring the generation of tomorrow. The list beams wit212
Social Prescribing CoordinatorArts 4 Dementia
London, United KingdomFull Time
- Coordinate art programmes in partnership with creative and cultural institutions. - Co-lead regional cross sector meetings with leads in the arts and health sector, hosted by major national museums and galleries across the country. - Collate and evaluate research, working towards disseminating findings in a final report and accompanying two day conference.
Social Media ManagerThis Way Up Podcast
London, United KingdomFreelance
- Lead on the This Way Up Stories project, showcasing females working in the creative industry. - Produce copy and create digital imagery using Illustrator and Photoshop software. - Liase with contributors and conduct outreach for future content. - Assist in live podcast events.
+ Show more
- Communication Arts
- Arts Administration