I am an independent curator, writer and editor (Clare Farrow Studio) specialising in architecture, design, art, fashion and music, with a talented team to draw upon. My recent exhibitions include "Childhood ReCollections: Memory in Design" (Roca London and Barcelona galleries), "Memory & Light" by composer Arvo Pärt and Arup (LDF 2018 at the V&A), "Timber Rising" (Roca) and "Bamboo Ring: Weaving into Lightness" by architect Kengo Kuma (LDF 2019 at the V&A). Please get in touch if you are interested in discussing, developing or collaborating on an exhibition and/or book or online project, or if you would like to discuss writing consultancy / assistance / communications.
- Reinventing TextureThe Japan pavilion for London Design Biennale, Somerset House, 1-27 June. Designed by Toshiki Hirano. Curated by Clare Farrow Studio. In collaboration with MA Interior Design at the Royal College of Art, London, and MSCTY Studio. An immersive, interactive design and sound installation on urban textured without touch. Paying homage to the ancient art of Washi paper making and Japanese traditional papier-maché, the project has been created through photogrammetry and digital scanning and fabricatio
- MSCTY EXPOwww.mscty.space. In partnership with LDF20, MSCTY EXPO is a new digital and virtual meeting-place for architecture and music. This first edition, featuring 7 new collaborations between international architects and dynamic experimental sound artists, is curated by Nick Luscombe, BBC Radio 3 presenter and founder of Musicity, and Clare Farrow (clarefarrowstudio). Image: Daniel Libeskind, from "Theatrum Mundi", copyright Studio Libeskind. LIVE NOW!! www.mscty.space
- Memory & Light by Arvo Pärt and Arup, Norfolk House Music Room, V&A, London Design Festival 2018, photo Andy StaggInspired by Arvo Pärt's words: "I could compare my music to white light, which contains all colours. Only a prism can divide the colours and make them appear; this prism could be the spirit of the listener." Listen to "Spiegel im Spiegel" by Arvo Pärt, one of the pieces in "Memory & Light": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZe3mXlnfNc
- B6309, Newcastle upon Tyne NE20 0DX, UKFreelance
Curator of "Memory & Light" by composer Arvo Pärt and Arup in the 1817 Library of Belsay Hall in Northumberland, an English Heritage property and the first country house to be built in the Greek Revival style. The project, first curated for the V&A, was reinvented for this austere, mathematical and haunting building, now kept empty by English Heritage so filled with echoes of the past.
CuratorLondon Design Festival
- Cromwell Rd, Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RL, UKFreelance
Curator of "Bamboo Ring: Weaving into Lightness" by Kengo Kuma. I invited Japanese architect Kengo Kuma to conceive an installation on the theme of "Weaving" for the V&A during LDF 2019, - in The John Madejski Garden - and then developed and curated this installation of bamboo and carbon rings with the Kengo Kuma Laboratory led by Toshiki Hirano, The University of Tokyo, in partnership with OPPO. Supported by Komatsu Matere, ANA (All Nippon Airways) and Jayhawk Ltd.
+ Show more
- Curating Content
- Curating Photography
- Picture Research
- Client Presentation
- Ideas Development