At 17 I found the world of business. I have always been creatively minded, but with this discovery, I finally found a medium most natural for me to express my ideas. While at college and university, I launched 4 businesses and numerous creative projects, allowing me to sharpen my entrepreneurial and leadership skills. Unknowingly, I was also looking for the idea and message I would later build my life philosophy around, shortly after graduating I found it. The concept of the Practical Dreamer. Now I am sharing this idea through my startup: Dream Nation, where my team and I are building a personal development brand fit for the 21st century. Additionally, I also offer marketing and branding consultations for businesses and nonprofits. Through speeches, workshops, blogging and other creative projects, I also share lessons I’ve learnt on my journey.
- Dream Nation: The Practical Dreamer MovementWhy I Created Dream Nation Dream Nation is a social enterprise I created to help people with their personal development, or how I like to put it: to become Practical Dreamers. I created it from a place of both hope and frustration. I was frustrated by seeing so many of my peers waste their potential, but hopeful that with the right type of support we could change that.
Projects credited in
- Championing Diversity: This Black History Month 2018, meet 100 creatives inspiring changeThis Black History Month 2018, we’ve brought together a group of outstanding industry heroes to each nominate 10 black changemakers and creators that are shaping culture, arts, design, business, tech and beyond. We still have a way to go when it comes to conquering the lack of diversity in the creative industry - which is why it so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. To do so, throughout the year we spotlight incredible people, the projects that they are involved with141
- Dream Nation 2017Dream Nation's annual conference: #DreamNation2017, previously known as “I Have A Dream”. The goal of the event was to share the stories and experiences of successful women and men from a variety of industries while also helping our audience build their network with like-minded individuals. Like everything we do, this event was designed to equip and empower you on your journey to becoming a Practical Dreamer. Visit our website for more information and sign-up to our mailing list to hear about f6
- BBC Interview: Pip Jamieson - Creativity should not be reserved for those who can afford itAlmost 10% of the UK’s workforce work in the creative industries, and 9% of the UK’s GDP derives from the Creative Economy (This is more than the UK’s car, life sciences, oil, gas and aerospace industries combined) - so the concept of scaling back investment in creative education is madness, right?. Even more so if we look to the future - we all know the robots are coming. There are three very human traits that machines struggle to automate 1) they don’t have common sense, 2) they don’t understa
- Championing Diversity: this Black History Month, meet 100 creatives inspiring changeWe asked 11 of our creative heroes to each nominate 10 leading black change makers and creators who are shaping the current climate with raw talent, big ideas and crazy hard work. There is still a huge disparity of BAME individuals in the creative industry. Currently only 13% of the creative industry workforce identify as coming from Black and Minority Ethnic backgrounds. In addition, only 8% of senior positions have BAME representation. Spotlighting this subject is as important as ever. True d138
- Creative StudyingDream Nation present Creative Studying, a talk by Andre Anderson. ‘Creative Studying’ is a methodology that suggests that the more you enjoy your studying, or ability to retain information, the more you will remember in the long run. Dream Nation teamed up with London-based designer and creative facilitator to help students of all ages tap into their creative-side for a more enjoyable and efficient studying experience. About Andre Anderson: Andre Anderson is a London-based designer and creativ8
+ Show more
Graduate Enterprise AdvisorLoughborough University
Loughborough, United KingdomFull Time
I manage Loughborough University's business incubator programme called "The Studio". My role involves advising and training a group of handpicked graduates during the early stages of their entrepreneurial journeys, giving them and their businesses a greater chance of success.
Co-founder and Managing DirectorDream Nation
London, United KingdomFull Time
Dream Nation is a personal development brand designed or the 21st century. We create events, training and technology helping people to improve their productivity, emotional intelligence, financial literacy and physical health.
+ Show more
- 5+ Years Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Brand Copywriting
- Brand Development
- Video Production
- Web Design
- Brand Storytelling