You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Journalist, content strategist, brand creative and published author
• Consultant focusing primarily on Mastered’s fashion journalism program and branding activities. Key responsibilities include booking and managing talent and influencers from top-tier fashion titles, syllabus and content creation (interviews, lecture plans) alongside program direction and strategy on marketing initiatives, both offline and online. • About Mastered: Mastered is a technology start-up producing innovative, real-time and online fashion education programs led by renowned fashion celebrities. Previous programs include make-up, hair, photography and streetwear.
• Overseeing and maintaining the brand; working closely with the advertising team to maximise revenue; handling a team of writers and artworkers –commissioning across all sections, writing, editing, signing-off content; taking responsibility for key editorial decisions; undertaking various advertorial and where necessary subbing tasks. A large element was also acting as the ‘face’ of the magazine, attending evening events, networking with affluent, influential and philanthropic circles. • Key Achievements: Acting as co-creator of KCReview’s 2012 rebrand, managing editorial direction and artwork. Working closely with the publisher and advertising team, the rebrand resulted in a significant increase in print advertising revenue and a larger presence for the magazine - including an appearance in the new Ewan MacGregor/Damian Lewis movie, Our Kind of Traitor (2016). • About Kensington and Chelsea Review: KCReview is a luxury print quarterly focusing on arts, culture and luxury lifestyle. It is distributed for free in venues around the borough.
• Writing Credits: Vice, New York Magazine, Independent, Guardian, Telegraph, The Pool, Huffington Post UK, The Voice, Dazed and Confused, Money Maker Magazine, New Internationalist, Travel Bite (Adfero), Inside Housing, OpenDemocracy, Sabotage Times to name a few. • TV: Guest Correspondent for HuffPost Live USA during Prince George birth; guest presenter for launching travel TV channel, Globetrotter TV. • Radio: BBC London, Resonance.FM, Amazing, Red Bull • Marketing: Copywriting – Pulse Films, Fruilando, Expedia, eHarmony and Amazon; Representation: Gallions Music Trust – managing all communications for this local arts education charity including conception and execution of ‘Eton to East End’ pupil swap. This initiative resulted in national coverage across broadcast and print, as well as increased bookings for professional consultancy.
• Working closely with the Editor-in-Chief, this role covers both editorial direction and content creation across the entire title alongside branded content. • Notable editorial work includes managing Complex’s new vertical, Life, the destination for content relating to real-life issues, affairs, opinion and first person experience. This includes content creation; commissioning and managing freelancers across video, written and social-only content; integrating Life content into other verticals; and creating and monitoring social strategy around the vertical. • The role has a strong emphasis on branded content, commercial projects, and Complex-brand related activities. Key responsibilities include idea generation, project management, client liaison and budget control. • About Complex UK: Complex UK is the British arm of influential US lifestyle magazine and media group, Complex. Launching in August 2014 with a small team including myself, the UK arm currently achieves just under 4m uniques per month from across Europe
• Overseeing editorial and commercial content strategy during rebrand to BRIC+. • Key responsibilities included sign-off on the print product, but focused mainly on the launch of its new digital platform and revamp of social channels. This role also involves commercial content (strategy and implementation); offline initiatives (awards, events, partnerships); representing the brand at events; and public speaking. Other projects include app development, BRIC+ brand building initiatives such as e-marketing, and managing the syndication of content. • About BRIC+: Rebranded from BRIC Magazine, an internationally distributed print title (circulation approx 26,000) covering culture, commerce, affairs and ultra-luxury lifestyle from Brazil, Russia, India, China, BRIC+ now covers all non-Western nations.
• A regular guest pundit on London Live’s 6 o clock news and entertainment show. Covering celebrity, affairs and London events.
• Managing flatplanning and print processes for this intimate B2B contract magazine publisher, alongside feature writing, commissioning and editing Clients include: World Travel Market, Arabian Travel Market
• Intermittent shift work primarily focused on The Guide