I am a confident and ambitious music student with a love of the mechanics of the music industry, my passion lying in marketing, branding and advertising. I combine the skills learnt in specialist modules, previous work experience and extra classes in Music Marketing to effectively target audiences and develop distinctive marketing strategies. Due to years of experience in fast-paced environments, I am versatile and able to respond calmly and pragmatically to any situation. I learn new skills efficiently and am looking to further advance and build upon previous industry expertise as well as my genuine enthusiasm for the representation of aspiring musicians. I am a music lover with very eclectic tastes, however am currently battling a serious obsession with synth-pop, listening to anything from MUNA and Billie Eilish to The Cure.Locked Pro Plan feature
- In charge of creative content on all social media platforms for a non-profit organisation promoting women in the modern music industry. - I contact social influencers to encourage partnerships and expand audiences - I find/take suitable imagery and edit to create ongoing brand/themes. - I organise events that promote women in music.
- I deal with merchandise sales at the world's third busiest live music venue, analysing sales and handling commerce, before reporting figures back to artists and their management. - As a display coordinator, I use my knowledge of the artist to present the merchandise in inventive ways that will appeal to their fan-base.
- I perform tasks set by promoters, tour managers and artists: organising guestlists, releasing final tickets and ensuring all seats are occupied. - I analyse ticket sales and input the data onto spreadsheets to return to gig promoters and management teams. - I am in charge of the organisation and distribution of tickets for new shows.
- I assisted with campaign planning, identifying and contacting appropriate investors and social media influencers on YouTube for artist backing. - I sourced artists suitable for potential collaborations, analysing their online following and using Microsoft Excel to present the data clearly to my co-workers. - I curated the label's Spotify playlists, before promoting them effectively on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- I analysed the demos and social media presences of unsigned artists, acting as A&R coordinator and critically evaluating an artist's brand. - Secretarial duties: taking phone calls, making appointments and arranging meetings. - At Island Records, I observed interviews and live sessions with label artists and spoke to professionals about the different areas and roles within the label.
- Mark in 2nd Year: 1st - The specialist modules I have studied include: Music Publishing, Music Business, Theory and Critical Listening, Online Music and Commercial Songwriting. - I am currently completing my dissertation on the importance of visual marketing in modern music, exploring how to effectively exploit media platforms. - Lastly, as an artist myself, I am familiar with marketing, branding, promotion and gig organisation as I manage all aspects of my own career.