I’m a creative, director and editor. I’m also a founding member of media platform gal-dem and (pre-Covid) ran workshops with young people in south London. US rep: TinyGiant (commercial only) Previous work with: Google, DAZED, Depop, Tate, The Guardian, Converse, Boiler Room, Metallic Inc, Random Acts, LELO, Spotify, Red Bull, AfroPunk, Levi’s, Theatre Uncut, B+A, Jungle Creations, Amaliah, BFI.
- RIP SENI TrailerI'm so happy to share the trailer for our documentary 'RIP SENI', which is having its world premiere at Sheffield Doc Fest in June. Please watch and share! ✊ Overnight on 24th June 2020, a piece of graffiti reading ‘RIP SENI’ appeared outside Bethlem Royal Hospital, a psychiatric hospital in South London. This film is a reaction to that event, exploring mental health, public art and injustice. Commissioned and developed by Bethlem Gallery and the Lewis Family Funded by Wellcome A film by Daisy
- Anne's Story | Google | Creative & EditorWhen Anne Dattilo attended a guest lecture at the University of Texas she had no idea it would be the start of a journey involving complex algorithms, a space telescope breaking down in orbit, a trip to an observatory in the Chihuahuan desert and, finally, the discovery of two new planets.
- Womenwill Lead, Create and Inspire | Google | Co-DirectorI recently pitched and directed a documentary for Google following the story of 6 musicians across Nigeria (Simi, Teni the Entertainer) South Africa (Sho Madjozi, Shekhinah, Lady Zamar) and Kenya (Muthoni Drummer Queen). Famous as singers, songwriters and performers, they are also businesswomen, mentors and sound engineers. The film went out on International Women's Day, was screened at events in the 3 regions and marked the launch of a free digital skills programme aimed at women across the c
+ View all
Projects credited in
- the gal-hood issuegal-dem is a magazine (online and in print) where all of the content is produced by women and non-binary people of colour which launched in September 2015. The aim of gal-dem is to open up our take on the world to a wider audience. We want people from all backgrounds to engage with the work we are doing. It’s no secret that the mainstream media doesn’t represent or reflect us, so we are doing it for ourselves. gal-dem was founded by Liv Little who, frustrated with the lack of diversity at Bristo31
- Women will lead, create and inspireOn International Womens Day 2019, we launched a short documentary film telling the stories of six female musicians across Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa who have worked, despite all challenges to thrive in the creative industry. The film is designed to inspire women to attend Grow with Google and Womenwill programs in the region offering tailored skills training around leadership, entrepreneurism and digital skills. The activity culminated in a series of events delivering inspirational talks, w
- PXSSY PALACEAn introduction to and snapshot of Pxssy Palace, a London-based QTIPOC (queer trans intersex people of colour) collective and clubnight. I was chosen by Converse as one of 25 young womxn across London to receive funding for a project of our choosing as part of their Spark Progress campaign. DIRECTOR // Laura Kirwan-Ashman PRODUCERS // Rowena Wallace + Aya Kaido DOP // Nathalie Pitters 1ST ASSISTANT CAMERA // Catharina Scarpellini GAFFER // Edel Gardner STEADICAM OPERATOR // Grant Sandy-Phillips
- Woman Will: Lead, Create and InspireThis is the inspirational story of six musicians from across Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa - Teni the Entertainer and Simi in Nigeria, Sho Madjozi, Lady Zamar and Shekhinah in South Africa, and Muthoni Drummer Queen in Kenya. Famous as singers, songwriters and performers, they are also businesswomen, mentors and sound engineers. Their journeys show that to succeed in any industry - the skills of leadership, entrepreneurship and digital literacy are universally important. By sharing how they o
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro
- Cannon Dslr
- Facebook Strategy