I am co-founder of Utopia, a business change consultancy that helps rewire business for the age of creativity. We help organisations build more purposeful, more inclusive and more entrepreneurial cultures. We do this by disrupting, inspiring and rewiring - from the intern to the CEO, through workshops and hacks - to create happier, inclusive, more productive workforces that deliver competitive advantage. And we’ve done it for businesses across the board, including Coca-Cola European Partners, Crown, D&AD, Google, McDonalds, Schneider Electric, Spotify and Universal Music. Additionally, I view diversity as critical to business success and co-founded Token Man, an initiative to get men into the gender diversity discussion, as well as The Great British Diversity Experiment. Previously I was CEO of Profero, Head of Innovation at Cheil, co-founder of Creative Social and a winner of a Gold Cannes Lions award.
- Converse G+ Chuck HackerConverse launched their G+ Chuck Hackers initiative asking members from the Creative Social community to submit their own version of hacked chucks via G+. From music to art to tech, they turned a classic icon into a modern masterpiece inspiring the next generation of Chuck Taylor fans.
- Samsung - We Are David BaileyIntro Samsung's NX cameras democratised photography by allowing amateur photographers to get professional results. The campaign brought this vividly to life by showing how ordinary people - plumbers, analysts, teachers, who just happened to be called David Bailey - could take shots as well as the David Bailey. We recruited 143 of his namesakes from all over the UK, brought them to our secret location in London, trained them, gave them cameras and set them loose to show that with the Samsung NX1000, anyone can shoot like a pro. Through a multi-channel campaign with Facebook at its core, we helped Samsung sell out of the camera in just 11 weeks and increase their market share from 2.8% to 55%.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Get career advice from It’s Nice That, Dazed, D&AD, Rankin & moreLooking for career advice? Excitingly 30+ incredible experts from across the creative industries have generously agreed to help answer your burning career-related questions. So, if you have a career question (examples below) that you’d love the best in the business to help with, just post it here on our Asks hub! Our ‘Asks experts’ include: Priya Matadeen - General Manager, Commercial, Dazed Holly Tucker - Founder, Holly & Co Alex Bec - Co-founder, It's Nice That Gemma Greaves - Chief Executive44
- Masculinity in the Workplace Conference 2019For 2019’s Masculinity in the Workplace Conference, we're on a mission to redefine the notion of ‘male hero’. In an afternoon of live discussion, debate and exploration we will collectively re-define a new, modern masculinity and celebrate the benefits of this for a happier, more fulfilling and inclusive workplace.
- Masculinity in the Workplace 2019For 2019’s Masculinity in the Workplace Conference, we're on a mission to redefine the notion of ‘male hero’. In an afternoon of live discussion, debate and exploration we will collectively re-define a new, modern masculinity and celebrate the benefits of this for a happier, more fulfilling and inclusive workplace.
- Masculinity in the Workplace 2019We are delighted to be bringing back Masculinity in the Workplace in 2019. After a full house last year and an average feedback score of 9.1 out of 10, we have decided to make the event bigger and more accessbile (it's an afternoon rather than an evening). The success last year came from having a room full of people who are passionate about gender equality and understand the including men in the conversation. So if that describes you, do sign up (more details and registration link below).
- Creative Superpowers: Equip Yourself for the Age of Creativity"A conference in a book." Do you remember what it was like to be a child? A time when your imagination would run rife and it was easy to imagine yourself as a superhero? What was your superpower? Flying at the speed of light, X-ray vision, invisibility or the ability to turn your brussels sprouts into ice cream? In Creative Superpowers, we have assembled some of the world’s creative leaders to bring to life the modern skillset for creative problem-solving. It will help you re-learn key traits
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFull Time
Creative Social is a club for creative and brand leaders who believe creativity and innovation will deliver better business and culture. We've staged global creative events in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin, Helsinki, London, Munich, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Sao Paolo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Montreal, Las Vegas & Beirut. We also run local events in London and New York which include CS Presents, CS Sessions and CS Inspire. We have published three books - the latest being Hacker, Maker, Teacher, Thief: Advertising's Next Generation. We also provide creative services to brands. Clients include Absolut, Ace&Tate, The Hoxton and Universal Music.
Head of InnovationCheil
- London, United KingdomFull Time
As the Head of Innovation, my job was to find new and better ways of solving client’s business problems. We did this by ensuring that we have a unique understanding of people’s changing needs and an ability to deliver innovative and game changing communications solutions. My job was to ensure that innovation was institutionalised across the business, that we were agile, we were at the forefront of technology understanding and we had the best talent around in the areas of digital, social and mobile.
- Creative Entrepreneur
- Behaviour Change
- Culture Change
- Connecting Creatives
- Culture Inspiration
- Bespoke Training
- Management Training
- Thought Leadership
Gold PR LionCannes Lions International Festival of CreativityTo prove how with the new Samsung NX camera anyone can shoot like a pro, we gave 1000 NX Cameras to everyday people from all over Britain and let them shoot the campaign ads for us. All of these 143 guys were named David Bailey, but none of them was the famous photographer.