hello! I'm a 23 year old illustrator living in london. learning is one of my favourite things to do, alongside eating and seeing new things! for me, learning never stops. i’m currently studying illustration for communication at ravensbourne university. i'm hoping to find a full-time role in illustration, but I also do freelance work and am happy to discuss any ideas you may want me to bring to life. for enquiries (or to say hi!), feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- uni brief: illustrations for a short story.these are a set of illustrations i created for 'the velveteen rabbit' - a short story written by margery williams. it is a children's story, so i focused on making the illustrations and characters playful and bright. i also wanted to make sure the element of mystery and awe was present in the work. i used procreate to create these illustrations,
- ted's bazaar: ted baker x rude studio for cmni was commissioned by ted baker and creative mentor network to create some artwork to advertise their ted's bazaar collaboration with rude studio to raise money for creative mentor network. the collection consists of t-shirts, mugs and prints. the illustrations were used on instagram and the ted baker website.
- #36daysoftype07these are my entries for the #36daysoftype challenge on instagram for 2020. i did not take part in the numbers edition, as this year was my first year participating. i decided that to test it out, and to also test myself, i would complete just the letters for this year. i have always been a huge lettering fan, so to have completed my very own alphabet is very exciting! some of the letters are animated, and the animated versions can be found on my portfolio site: https://daniellagyambibi.wixsit
- black history monthi have done this piece and some variations as well to commemorate black history month. when i was really young, i didn’t have as much pride in my race as i do now. i’m glad that now that i’ve grown up, i can understand how powerful and influential we are as a race and take pride in it. i’m more than proud to call myself a black woman and am happy i can celebrate and enjoy all that black culture has to offer.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- This Black History Month 2021, meet 100 Black trailblazers redefining the industryIn celebration of Black History Month, we’re thrilled to share our annual list of Black rising stars – as nominated by The Dots community – who are making history, transforming the industry today and inspiring the generation of tomorrow. We still have a long way to go to diversify the creative, tech and digital industries – which is why it’s important for us to celebrate and be inspired by the incredible Black leaders that surround us. The list we’ve put together is one that shines with brilli73
+ Show more
- Abobe Illustrator
- Hand Lettering
- Photography Editing
- Customer Service
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe After Effects
- Digital Artwork
Motion DesignCreated Academy
- Mediaworks, 191 Wood Ln, White City, London W12 7FP, UK
this is the Created in Motion Design course, and is a 9 month duration. It is a course where i can learn motion design whilst also getting industry experience as almost all briefs are real briefs set by real clients. there is no official qualification received, but i will be better prepared for work in the industry by the end.
+ Show more
Award for DedicationColáiste Brídethis was a secondary school award i received out of my class group. my tutor and class teachers recognised that i was a dedicated and hardworking student. i had been nominated for this award each year prior before eventually receiving it.