After I attained my Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Philosophy followed by the completion of my postgraduate degree in Law at the University of Cape Town, South Africa, I relocated to the UK in 2016. My extensive education has equipped me with a unique set of skills, namely coordinating large quantities of information, understanding complex principles and abstract ideas, and “out of the box” strategic thinking. The nature of my chosen subjects also helped me develop the discipline to work long hours and manage my personal time, as well as to pay great attention to detail. My work experience to date has equipped me with various abilities, including building and maintaining effective client relationships, project management, and administrative and communication skills. In my most recent position, I looked after a demanding portfolio that entailed the management of 13 large residential developments. This required me to be highly organised and multi-task, while supervising a variety of different projects, all operating simultaneously, and still maintain good relationships with some demanding stakeholders. I also recently completed the Agile Project Management course, achieving certification at Practitioner level. I am excited to put what I learned from this course into action, which is fundamental principles that allow you to effectively manage the scope, time and cost of a project while delivering very high-quality work. Agile also teaches you to embrace change (even late in a project), and true to this principle, I am seeking a change from my current industry. I am a dedicated, conscientious hard-worker and I always aim to contribute and achieve my best. My approach is, to be honest, and diplomatic while maintaining a sense of humour and I enjoy being part of a team.
• Overseeing the day-to-day management and related project coordination of 13 developments throughout London and its surrounding counties. • Operational support for an estate manager and the operations team, including client and contractor management. • Correspondence management and coordination with clients, contractors, developers, insurance companies, accounts department and auditors. • Managing, coordinating and recording site inspections and health & safety fire risk assessments. • Establishing service contracts, and overseeing accreditation applications. • Setting up and maintenance of electronic and hard copy filing systems. • Regular database management.
• Organisation and input of commission reports onto computer database. • Assistance with analysis of recorded data. • Assistance with basic office administration including monitoring of in and outgoing correspondence and dispatch of invoices.
• Review of standard building and sub-contracts administration documents ensuring that they complied with prescribed requirements: discussed the suggested rewording or restructuring with the principals and implemented accordingly. • Review of general documents relating to service providers and suppliers to the office: Discussed suggestions with the principals and office administrator and oversaw the revisions. • Review of standard employment contracts, terms and conditions, checking correlation with labour law requirements: Discussed with the principals and office administrator and oversaw the implementation of revisions.
• Daily arrangements, coordination and recording of meetings with clients and addressing pursuant correspondence. • Drafting of wills and legal letters for clients and obtaining validation amended documents through the courts.
• Completed over 60 hours of law-oriented community service at various outreach programmes, performing pro bono legal work and legal counselling. • Member of the Black Law Students Forum (2014) • Achieved a pass first class for my final year research paper, “Are Human Rights Publicising Private Law?”
• Majors: Philosophy and Political Science • Member of the Stellenbosch Wine Society (2010-2011) • Member of the Stellenbosch Art and Design Forum (2010-2012)
• Full Colours for Art (2009) • Crayola Art Award for the Most Creative use of Colour in a Matric Final Piece (2009) • President’s International Award for Young People (The Duke of Edinburgh Award) – Bronze Standard (2007) • Completed 80 hours of community service at various underprivileged schools, orphanages and elderly care facilities.