I am a passionate creative, optimistic about the way design can shape the future, and always on the quest to experiment with new technologies. I know that the best results always come from working in collaborative environment, with people from different backgrounds and disciplines. I am at my most comfortable where different creative disciplines such as graphic design, UX, code and motion meet: It’s there where I can push for story-led projects that make the most of different media (video, photographic and interactive). I have a keen eye for detail and I am con dent in managing teams and planning efficient workflows in order to deliver on time and on budget, often exceeding client expectations. Like many people in this field I dabble in photography, I love cinema and videogames and I am an avid runner and a beginner climber. Specialties: Motion Design, including 2d and 3d animation and compositing. Solid understanding of 3d modelling, animation and rendering. Competent in 3d rigging. Good experience with Autodesk Maya, Cinema 4d, and V-ray renderer. Experienced with Nuke and After Effects for 3d compositing and animation. I'm also compentent in: Graphic Design, Interfaces, Layout, Typography, Information Architecture and usability and rich media design.Experienced in HTML and CSS and Object Oriented Actionscript 2 and 3
- Sony Internet TVWith the release In 2012 of the first Internet Enabled TV sets. Sony Europe asked Hugo&Cat to create a video explaining the benefits of Internet TV, for the Sony website and on youtube. With the team we focused on presenting the tangible benefits for the customer using the underlying technology as enabler instead of concentrating on tech jargon and features.
- Sony Global WebsiteThe Sony Global website started taking shape in 2013, when Sony decided to create a centralised platform for all its consumer products. The new site went successfully live on February 2014. Over time Hugo&Cat involvement has grown to the point that the company now creates 75% of all digital global content each year.
- Motion ShowreelFrom 2010 to 2014 I did a lot of Motion and Interactive design. Coming to motion from a Flash and design background I experimented with different kind of visual storytelling and execution techniques: Video, Motion Graphic and Full CG. I developed scripts from briefings, created storyboards and took on the execution, as part of a small team, on my own and sometimes leading a small team.
- Sony Launch EventsCampaign pages and social shareable content are an essential part of a Launch event. A key component of Hugo&Cat work for Sony is the creation of a digital toolkit that includes: a product launch page with the streaming of the press conference, main product announcements and highlights of the event, images and copy for social share and a timelapse video that captures the buzz of the event.
- HX-50 PhotobookTo help launch the HX50 - at the time the world’s smallest camera with 30x optical zoom - Sony Europe asked Hugo&Cat to create a photobook and campaign page to showcase the camera’s potential. The challenge was to deliver the experience of a travel photography trip on a very small budget.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Tourism Ireland: The Dublin DoodleThe brief Create a social campaign around St. Patrick's Day that would reach the global Irish diaspora. The response The Dublin Doodle, a Facebook app that let people draw and share their own St. Patrick's Day image to be projected on Trinity College Dublin at the height of the festival's biggest party. My part in the project - Concepting the core social idea, and driving it beyond the brief into experiential - Overseeing the creative execution of the Facebook build - Writing campaign copy - Developing the broader social campaign - Overseeing junior teams developing supporting .com and social campaigns Key results - Reached over 1 million Facebook users - Over 100,000 likes on Tourism Ireland's Facebook page in two weeks - 50 doodles projected onto Trinity College - Gained national TV and editorial coverage Awards Shortlisted, Facebook Studio Awards
Associate Creative DirectorThe Hive Group
London, United KingdomFull Time
Oversight and hands-on on a myriad of Projects: Digital, Apps, VR, Motion graphics, video and porint
Art DirectorHugo & Cat
- London, United KingdomFull Time
• I am currently responsible for the overall design quality for the Sony Global account. • I maintain creative oversight during the creation of product, marketing and campaign pages, ensuring consistency and constantly striving to improve quality and efficiency. • I manage and oversee a team of up to 6 designers • Together with the account director, the programme manager and the lead copywriter we are the interface between agency and client.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Motion Design
- Web Design
- Abobe Creative Suite
- Concept Ideas
- Creative Direction