Starting out at Wolff Olins and The Body Shop, I joined Ogilvy London where I stayed for 20 years as a conceptual designer for some amazing brands, across all channels. I am now available for freelance branding and typography projects. I like to be hands-on, creating integrated design concepts and pushing boundaries, creatively and technically. I've provided design advice to clients and client teams, whilst inspiring and collaborating with other designers, writers, animators, motion designers, UX designers, photographers, illustrators and printers. I have been part of award-winning creative teams at the IPA and B2B Marketing Awards, and helped win a fair few pitches along the way. I enjoy getting involved in the design scene, and my side hustle has seen me included at exhibitions such as Print Club's Blisters and Better Bankside's From The Other Side. I've been a speaker at Type Thursday London and I create and publish fonts from my foundry website and via Type Department. I have also been a D&AD New Blood judge. My experience covers: • Visual planning, exploration and mood board creation. • Brand identity, including writing and setting guidelines. Acting as brand guardian. • Design for print and packaging. • Typography concepts, font creation and layout design across many different channels. • Website design and collaboration with UX designers. • Designing for social media and creation of assets. • Compiling presentations for internal teams and clients. • Image searching and art directing photographic shoots. Technical skills include all the usual Adobe packages, but I always start with a sketchbook. Clients have included American Express, ASOS, Boots, British Airways, EY, Formula 1, Hilton, Nike, Screwfix, Sipsmith and Vodafone.
- Analog TypeI always try to make time to experiment and just play with typography concepts. And for this year's 36 Days of Type I challenged myself to step away from my iMac and go analogue - creating typography effects without the use of Photoshop or other editing software. Some use existing fonts as a base, others are completely handmade, and I shot everything on my iPhone just adding a bit of contrast. I then took the results back into editing software and added complementary images and colour to create
- SCIEX OneOmicsBranding for a suite of cloud-based apps and plugins from SCIEX, the life sciences and technology innovators. Used by researchers in biopharmaceuticals to extract and visualise data generated through mass spectrometry. The brief was to create a branding system for the individual apps and art direction for the OneOmics suite.
- Walker & MorlandWalker & Morland offer a holistic range of premium, lab-tested wellness products which harness the natural power of CBD, and offer soothing relief and recovery to support an active lifestyle. I was briefed to create a logo and branding system to work across product packaging and online customer experiences. Agency: Mustard Brand Studio
- MikomiMikomi is a decorative display font I have created using rounded shapes and thin counters. It was inspired by the shape of Japanese ramen noodle bowls and chopsticks. The name originates from the inside bottom part of the ramen bowl, where you traditionally find decoration and drawings once you've finished eating.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Penn Lea Road BookCommunity project during the Covid pandemic. Photos of families on a backdrop in front of their homes, along with images of their houses, historical documents & a drone shot of the street were brought together, along with commentary from each family, in a beautifully designed book. Copies were sold to all 16 families who participated. Photography Design in collaboration with Deborah Ranzetta Print Production
+ Show more
- Brand Concept
- Print Design
- Typography Design
- Art Direction
- Web Design
- Corporate Branding
- Identity Design
- Design Development