Starting out at Wolff Olins and The Body Shop, I joined Ogilvy London where I stayed for 20 years as a conceptual designer for some amazing brands, across all channels. I am now a freelancing Design Director and available for hire. I like to be hands-on, creating integrated design concepts and pushing boundaries, creatively and technically. I've provided design advice to clients and client teams, whilst inspiring and collaborating with other designers, writers, animators, motion designers, UX designers, photographers, illustrators and printers. I have been part of award-winning creative teams at the IPA and B2B Marketing Awards, and helped win a fair few pitches along the way. I enjoy getting involved in the design scene, and my side hustle has seen me included at exhibitions such as Print Club's Blisters and Better Bankside's From The Other Side. I've also been a speaker at Type Thursday London and I regularly create and publish fonts from my foundry website. My experience covers: • Visual planning, exploration and mood board creation. • Brand identity, including writing and setting guidelines. Acting as brand guardian. • Design for print and packaging. • Typography concepts, font creation and layout design across many different channels. • Website design and collaboration with UX designers. • Designing for social media and creation of assets. • Compiling presentations for internal teams and clients. • Image searching and art directing photographic shoots. Technical skills include all the usual Adobe packages, but I always start with a sketchbook. Clients have included American Express, ASOS, Boots, British Airways, EY, Formula 1, Hilton, Nike, Screwfix, Sipsmith and Vodafone.
- SCIEX OneOmicsBranding for a suite of cloud-based apps and plugins from SCIEX, the life sciences and technology innovators. Used by researchers in biopharmaceuticals to extract and visualise data generated through mass spectrometry. The brief was to create a branding system for the individual apps and art direction for the OneOmics suite.
- Walker & MorlandWalker & Morland offer a holistic range of premium, lab-tested wellness products which harness the natural power of CBD, and offer soothing relief and recovery to support an active lifestyle. I was briefed to create a logo and branding system to work across product packaging and online customer experiences. Agency: Mustard Brand Studio
- MikomiMikomi is a decorative display font I have created using rounded shapes and thin counters. It was inspired by the shape of Japanese ramen noodle bowls and chopsticks. The name originates from the inside bottom part of the ramen bowl, where you traditionally find decoration and drawings once you've finished eating.
- Godley Green Garden VillageBrand identity for Godley Green Garden Village, an ambitious plan by Tameside Council to create a new sustainable garden settlement of beauty and great design that sensitively evolves around the existing communities and landscape. Based on the vision of Ebenezer Howard, founder of the garden city concept, the village will provide places where people can work, raise families, travel easily and enjoy green spaces.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Penn Lea Road BookCommunity project during the Covid pandemic. Photos of families on a backdrop in front of their homes, along with images of their houses, historical documents & a drone shot of the street were brought together, along with commentary from each family, in a beautifully designed book. Copies were sold to all 16 families who participated. Photography Design in collaboration with Deborah Ranzetta Print Production