Telling stories; be it through writing, film or mostly, inside jokes. - Founder of DEFTIN.COM - Writer @ Vogue Turkey - 1.1 BA Journalism graduate from The University of the Arts London.
- Meeting Boris Johnson in the Autumn of JournalistsThis article was originally published on Artefact Magazine under the title Boris Johnson, Refugees and Crimes Against Journalists when I interviewed Boris Johnson (former foreign secretary of the British government) on camera. http://www.artefactmagazine.com/2017/12/02/meeting-boris-johnson-in-the-autumn-of-journalists-2/
- Kiri Una Brito Meumann for Vogue Turkey: Interactive Art in the Age of SelfOriginally published in Vogue Turkey, interviewed artist Kiri Una Brito-Meumann on her recent installation Como Cam and the transformation of the way people interact with art and fashion in the age of brands, logos and social media.
- Me&MagMe& Magazine is a quarterly world culture and arts magazine, an international collection of stories made to be enjoyed like a coffee-table book. Me& runs articles and photography from four different locations on four themes each issue as well as artwork from local artists and mood boards made of disposable pictures taken by the city’s people. We strive to have as much content as possible created by residents or former residents of the spots we pick to tell stories from local, in-depth perspectiv
- Emily Oberg Interview for Vogue TurkeyEmily talks about taking the first step to transform Sporty & Rich into a brand and sustainability as part of the equation in fashion. We discuss the importance of health in face of hustle culture, nostalgic references, authenticity and inevitably, social media. This interview was originally published on Vogue Turkey.
- Belonging Exhibition @ UALBelonging Exhibition displays the work of students and staff from London College of Communication. The concept questions what “belonging” means to you in today’s world of increasing internationals and travel, as well as debates around nations, immigration, refugees and even the Internet. My work titled ‘When Was The Last Time You Felt Like You Belonged?’ is a compilation of thoughts and feelings on the subject, questioning what it means to belong in 2018 and aiming to set reactions in motion f
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Defne SaricetinIt is not that straining really, my jaw would feel this way every sleepless dawn of my childhood. My mother always said it was my expanding brain that caused the aches and eventually, I would grow into my amplified thoughts… if I did as I was told. The men in suits must consider it rather humanistic, how they allow us to feel ‘in charge’. Tasteful almost, excluding the neon lights scorching my eyelids. So, I am ready to swallow my innocence whole. I wonder if they are too.6
News Desk InternNewsflare
London, United KingdomInternship
- Researching videos on the web and using professional video-editing software - Participating in discussion on business strategy and target client base with senior staff - Writing news copies and shadowing journalists on content management, video licensing and discovering new contributors to the online community
Writer & Creative ConsultantKapital Media
London, United KingdomFreelance
- Maintaining the editorial and social publishing calendar, ensuring content is uploaded to the Wordpress CMS on schedule - Improving web and print content by writing compelling articles and blog posts on marketing and editing web copy written by content providers - Assisting in planning and organising Brand Week Istanbul as well as coordinating content to promote the event
+ Show more
- Web Content
- Content and Media Writing
- Digital Media
- Media Communication
- Social Media
- Brand Communication
- Brand Consultant
- Public Speaking
- London, United Kingdom
Course in Creative Art DirectionCentral Saint Martin’s School of Art
- London, United Kingdom
'This course will teach students from a range of backgrounds including Fashion, Architecture and Advertising, how to become Creative Directors. Creative Directors play a key role in design and advertising agencies, as well as in brands and companies. They are generally responsible for, and leaders of, a group of creatives (art directors, copywriters, designers, photographers, video producers, etc.) from print to web, from TV to radio, from automotive to fashion. Creative Directors have the last word on everything that will be communicated to the customer. They have the skills to understand the needs of customers and are responsible for the recruiting of team members.'
+ Show more
Winner of National ChampionshipTurkey Debate LeagueCame 1st place in national championship organised by the Turkey Debate League with a group of fellow students as Liceo Italiano I.M.I, was the speaker to do the closing argument