Telling stories; be it through writing, film or mostly, inside jokes. - Founder of DEFTIN.COM - Writer @ Vogue Turkey - 1.1 BA Journalism graduate from The University of the Arts London.Locked Pro Plan feature
- Researching videos on the web and using professional video-editing software - Participating in discussion on business strategy and target client base with senior staff - Writing news copies and shadowing journalists on content management, video licensing and discovering new contributors to the online community
- Maintaining the editorial and social publishing calendar, ensuring content is uploaded to the Wordpress CMS on schedule - Improving web and print content by writing compelling articles and blog posts on marketing and editing web copy written by content providers - Assisting in planning and organising Brand Week Istanbul as well as coordinating content to promote the event
- Attending catwalk shows as part of the official London Fashion Week schedule & sharing on social media - Writing about the shows for various publications - Writing a personal essay for onoff.tv on the theme of punk
- Writing features and creating content for both print and the VOGUE.COM.TR website, sourcing and conducting interviews with artists and entrepreneurs. Interviewed creatives such as Sarah Bahbah, Emily Oberg, Kiri Una Brito-Meumann and London Fashion Week designers. - Generating ideas for articles, photo-shoots, campaigns and branded content, creating textual and visual proposals - Editing and revising content - Providing statistics-based marketing recommendations
- Assisting with the art direction for the photoshoot and marketing campaign from conception to delivery - Developing and executing social media strategies for the brand's Instagram account - Designing @braez_turkiye Instagram stories, banners and graphics using Adobe Photoshop - Editing short-form video content for social media with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Assisting on photo-shoots including the August and September covers of 2018 - Working closely with the Senior Editors to conduct interviewee research and transcriptions - Helping with the smooth running of the office such as diary management, carrying out call-ins and returns for fashion photo-shoots and liaising with external contacts to request press images
Artefact Magazine is produced, managed and edited during term time by third-year BA Journalism students at the London College of Communication, part of the University of the Arts London. - Creating several long features and a short film for both online and print versions - Editing and proofreading before publication, was the Editor of the issue which achieved a Stack Award nomination - Collaborated with Save the Children and Prof Dr Selcuk Sirin of NYU's Psychology department to write a feature on Project Hope, an online education project for Syrian refugee children based in Urfa, Turkey - Interviewed Boris Johnson on camera and got media attention on Twitter for the article
- Assisting the Global Content department working closely with the Global Content Director and gaining experience in various divisions such as the Features team who compose the Style Report as well as the marketing and social media teams - Writing copy for MATCHESFASHION.COM, sub-editing, fact-checking and proofreading editorial content, researching potential interviewees, brands and events for the blog - Compiling detailed notes from brand training sessions and daily news links to send around the department
- Creating written, audio and visual content for clients such as Arts Council England, Vanity Fair Italia, Gerald Charles, Zaw, Bopster, Macrobiotic Association and Feng Shui Society - Writing creative and commercial copy for clients; creating brand manuals and pitch decks, managing websites, compiling content for newsletters - Creative directing photo-shoots, video content and events, commissioning talent, scouting locations, casting models, styling outfits for social media campaigns and catalogue photo-shoots for clients
- Leading the planning of content strategy and brand objectives - Marketing the brand at promotional events, utilising data from Google Analytics and Insights to execute social media strategies on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram implementing SEO - Analysing and recording engagement statistics with social media analytics tool, Dash Hudson - Producing creative copy for influential brands such as Samsung, Turkcell Advertising, Sezen Aksu and Akbank
'This course will teach students from a range of backgrounds including Fashion, Architecture and Advertising, how to become Creative Directors. Creative Directors play a key role in design and advertising agencies, as well as in brands and companies. They are generally responsible for, and leaders of, a group of creatives (art directors, copywriters, designers, photographers, video producers, etc.) from print to web, from TV to radio, from automotive to fashion. Creative Directors have the last word on everything that will be communicated to the customer. They have the skills to understand the needs of customers and are responsible for the recruiting of team members.'
Graduated 1:1 Dissertation titled 'Narrative Journalism: a potential tool to combat the current challenges faced by the journalism industry' -- Explored the use of empathy, creativity and storytelling in improving quality and audience engagement, and aiding the financial problems in the industry, with interviews from media professionals.
Came 1st place in national championship organised by the Turkey Debate League with a group of fellow students as Liceo Italiano I.M.I, was the speaker to do the closing argument