Fun Size full of grins and YAYS! Having worked at General Assembly for more than 4 years, her work has spanned from partnerships, design, events and community initiatives. She has developed over 400 events for the public, implementing free workshops and classes to make education accessible to all. Denise believes in expanding the skillset of the London community and is quite passionate in helping individuals to pursue a career they love. She is co-founder of ‘The 2030 Movement’ which is a free, full day festival that hosts over 30 workshops for people to participate, learn new skills and having fun whilst doing it. Alongside her incredible team, Denise aims to strive to continuously create an inclusive and supportive environment when people walk through the doors of GA. Previously, Denise was a graphic designer at a small education startup in which she took on the role of expanding operations across Australia and developing her skillset into sales and marketing. Denise previously was The Design Kids host in both Sydney and London, which has formed into a global meet up that helps individuals bridge the gap between students and industry. As you can see, her passion lies deeply in education in various forms.
+ Show more
- Mental Health & ResilienceA few weeks ago I was kindly asked to talk about my mental health experiences and Anxious as Anything. 90% of adults have said that the pandemic has negatively affected their mental health. More than ever, we're asking ourselves: what can we do to support our mental health.
- Anxious As AnythingOver this lockdown I've been curating mental health resources to help the community (plus myself). Podcasts, apps, books and extras. I'm spending Christmas solo and I'm not alone so it's nice to have a community to relate too. Visit www.instagram.com/anxiousasanything www.anxiousasanything.co.uk
+ View all
Projects credited in
- International Women’s Day 2021, meet 100 rising stars inspiring changeWe still have a way to go when it comes to improving gender diversity and equality in the creative, tech and digital industries – which is why it is so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. We’re thrilled to be releasing our annual list celebrating and shining a spotlight on 100+ rising stars from underrepresented gender identities – as nominated by The Dots community – who are transforming the industry of today and inspiring the generation of tomorrow. The list beams wit182
- An Evening With Boss LadiesPowerbase Partnerships and Recruitment Manager, Jessica Ogbeta was invited by General Assembly to join a panel of awesome women sharing their stories of trials, tribulations and successes within their endeavours. It was an inspirational and talented set of women who shared their stories about getting started and breaking into their respective industries in a conversation led by We Are F Founders, Federica Attanasio and Federica Pecis. The panel also included: Grace Picking - Program Manager,4
- 25 top creative industry events to get involved with this yearWant to make this the year to join a creative community or career support network? Ready to knuckle down on acing a professional quality, like commercialising yourself or making all-important freelance contacts? Maybe you’ve just got the creative thirst for learning, listening and being inspired by creative luminaries? Whatever your reasons, we’ve put together a pocket size list of organisers and their live events that lit up the scene in 2018 - ones that we think you should keep your eyes on ov113
+ Show more