I'm a trained furniture restorer with a BA in Textile Design specialising in print and for 2 years I have been volunteering as a stylist/visual merchandiser and social media coordinator in the third sector. Im a pro-active, energetic and quirky creative passionate about sustainable and innovative design. My current work designs products to sell, we re-imagines unloved furniture, diverting from landfill/incineration/both. Searching for a career surrounding environmentally benefiting design, sustainable fashion or just about anything in the sustainable, conscious and circular industries! :) @thatisdiva for recent bits
- 'Solidified Senses'Rural Land Art focusing on nature, sustainability, art in place and found materials. Working with the land to create degradable installation earth art made completely from and stained with natural materials, with additional documentation video. Guided by the talented artist Sarah Misselbrook.
- Street Art Mural in Riba-Roja d'EbreCollaborative Mural inspired by our time in Riba-Roja, Santo Domingo and the Sebes Nature Reserve. Using creative techniques, colour theory and upcycled found materials we designed a mural depicting the control humans have over environments and how we from the views of Riba-Roja can see how humans harvest these environments, explicitly in this scenario for energy purposes. This concept also considers the chaotic contrast which nature possesses when re-establishing itself. It is uncontrollable. N
- Natural Willow CharcoalCharcoal making off the land. We trimmed branches from the farms olive trees, mindful of the branches baring fruit (of course), stripped excess leaves, chopped, wrapped and burned on a controlled mornings fire. Later unwrapping packages of fine, dense and completely natural charcoal, which we later used to plot our mural and draft our illustration journals.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Lefkara Lace MuralI was lucky enough to attend a Grampus Heritage placement in Cyprus, funded by Erasmus+. During the 32 days, a small group of us were taught traditional Cypriot skills to increase their sustainability. Our first project was painting a 35 foot Lefkara Lace wall mural. The wall was first painted white, then gridded out and we painted the individual grid squares according to the pattern. This was my first experience of painting a mural, and I really enjoyed it. I would like to try something mor
- Grampus HeritageI was lucky enough to attend a Grampus Heritage placement in Cyprus, funded by Erasmus+. During the 32 days, a small group of us were taught traditional Cypriot skills to increase their sustainability. We completed a number of workshops learning the traditional skills, including Lefkara lace embroidery, clay modelling, felting, pottery, and crocheting with recycled fabric. The clay models were based on the Idol of Pomos - the Cypriot fertility symbol.
Volunteer Social Media CoordinatorGreenpeace UK
Dundee, United KingdomFreelance
Volunteer Social Media Coordinator for Greenpeace Dundee. Managing the group social media platforms on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Creating content for the page via photography and graphic design to boost engagement and forward ideas.
+ Show more
- Mural Art
- Mural Painting
- Social Media Management
- Sales Marketing
- Environmental Design
- Sustainability Strategy
- Data Research
- Visual Merchandising
Bachelor of Design (with Honours), Textile DesignDuncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design
- Dundee, United Kingdom
My time specialising as a printed textile designer in the University of Dundee allowed me to experiment with various mediums including hand screen printing, stitch/embroidery, pattern making and cutting alongside machine knitting. I gained further knowledge and experience using adobe suite which improved my computer literacy. My dissertation research analysed the emotional influence of fast fashion with feasibility analysis of business within recycled fashion. This is an area of particular interest to me, I find it fascinating to research into sustainable technologies and ways to benefit the ecosystems involved in the fashion and textile industries.
CertificateDundee and Angus College
- Dundee, United Kingdom
Portfolio preparation exploring multiple artistic processes such as; Life drawing, still life, illustration, booklet binding, sewing, mono printing. In mediums; Acrylic, watercolour, charcoal, oil pastel, pencil, ready mix, collage, photoshop.
+ Show more