My background in philosophy has influenced the way I approach my subjects. I strive to achieve portraits that reveal an intimate moment about a subject and invite the viewer to think beyond a facial expression. Being involved in a diverse range of freelance jobs such as fashion launch campaigns, working with NGO’s, creating commercial content for brands and running my own portrait studio has shaped me into a person who is ready to take on any challenge. I found myself exploring all sorts of subjects, from Ibiza dancers to nuns in a convent, though I use the medium of photography as a personal research to explore what goes on inside someone’s mind. My latest project, ‘Behind the I - a portrait of the mind’, endeavours to understand people’s inner selves through art, and identify who they are and how they feel through a collaborative approach. The final result of a book and an exhibition for my MA, with a special mention on BBC, aims to visualise the inner self and start a conversation about feelings that most tend to keep secret.
- Tyburn ConventAmongst the busy streets of London and just across the road from Hyde Park stands the Tyburn Convent – The Benedictine Adorers of the Sacred heart of Jesus of Montmartre. The nuns, however, do not step outside the convent. They follow a very busy schedule and a life of hard work; a life that is centered around perpetual adoration of God. How could one make such a sacrifice and decision to live amongst the walls of one house and give up all the other aspects of life? This is an ongoing project th
- Portraits of the MindHow often do you really share what's on your mind? Doma Dovgialo invited people she had photographed to use their portraits to reveal their innermost thoughts. The result is a snapshot of our human struggle with mental well-being. See more on: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/portraits_of_the_mind www.domadoma.co.uk
Projects credited in
- RANKIN X AMG - Everything But QuietMercedes-AMG joined forces with Will.i.am to celebrate a new moment in sports car history: the brand’s first-ever hybrid car. Shot by the photographer Rankin, the ad appears like a music video featuring Will.i.am's bespoke new track, written for the campaign. Created by creative director Oliver Nowlan, with director and photographer Rankin at the helm, this campaign is devised to raise awareness about the power, design and style with which Mercedes-AMG is reinventing hybrid technology. Photogr
- RANKIN X MINI - #BIG LOVEAny launch campaign for a car brand that doesn’t involve a car driving on an empty road is going to stand out but this launch campaign by Anomaly for MINI has so many more distinctive ingredients enhancing the car’s appeal. It’s a series of films in which Anomaly and MINI asked famous creators how they would launch the new MINI in their own distinctive way. They then gave them free rein to develop their own ideas. MINI’s Launched By _ campaign is unique, interesting and underlines the most endu2
- Rankin x Hunger Magazine - Nathalie EmmanuelActor Nathalie Emmanuel returned for their third shoot for Hunger Magazine, celebrating their 10th Anniversary - photographed by Rankin. For The Community Issue, Nathalie discusssed mental health, colourism and why Black Brits are thriving in Hollywood with Sagal Mohammed. To see the full interview visit HungerTV.com10
- Best Seat In The House, Wateraid, 2021A host of artists, fashion designers and celebrities have created their own unique toilet seats as part of a project with WaterAid and the Rankin Agency to help elevate the status of the humble loo and celebrate them for the lifesavers they are. Harry Hill, Pam Hogg, Val Garland, Ozwald Boateng, Martin Parr, Boy George, Dame Zandra Rhodes, Pure Evil and Hayden Kays are among 25 artists who have given the Best Seat in the House a special splash of luxury to mark World Toilet Day on 19 November.1
- Performance by RankinPERFORMANCE BY RANKIN is a celebration of the enormous talent and resilience of London's theatreland, the cultural heart of the city, as it emerges from a devastating pandemic shutdown. Created in partnership with Official London Theatre and FUJIFILM House of Photography, with funding from the Mayor of London, as part of their Let’s Do London campaign this ambitious project captures the human face of London’s world leading theatre industry. From star actors, dancers, writers, directors and pr2
- Rankin x ALK UK+ x EGFR UK+"ENGINE Creative has come together with photographer Rankin, production house TAG and media agency Wavemaker to create the 'See through the symptoms' campaign to raise awareness of the signs of lung cancer that are often missed. The goal is to improve the outlook for patients by promoting earlier diagnosis of the disease. Aimed at medical professionals, the dramatic pictures tell the stories of nine lung cancer patients, all of whom were diagnosed too late to be cured. Holding their own x-rays7
+ Show more
VideographerWomen for Rwanda
London, United KingdomFreelance
Video production & direction for campaigns aiming to empower female genocide survivors in Rwanda by enabling fnancial independence (102% raised from the initial goal).
+ Show more
- Final Cut Pro
- Photo Assisting
MA Photojournalism and Documentary Photography
- London, United Kingdom
The final project for the MA, ‘Behind the I - a portrait of the mind’, endeavours to understand people’s inner selves through art, and identify who they are and how they feel through a collaborative approach. e nal result of a book and an exhibition for my MA, with a special mention on BBC, aims to visualise the inner self and start a conversation about feelings that most tend to keep secret.
+ Show more