You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I am a motivated, enthusiastic and creative English and American Literature graduate seeking an opportunity to build a career in public relations. I am confident that my writing and social media skills could positively contribute in this sector, and I would welcome the opportunity to gain valuable experience. I am a reliable, friendly individual with my work experience primarily in publishing and administration, and I have had various jobs that are mainly in customer services within the retail and hospitality industries. I am looking for a career where I can work in a creative environment, engage with new people, and persevere towards a graduate or entry-level position where I am able to learn about the industry as a whole, and, in turn, offer my skills and enthusiasm for an opportunity to prove myself as an imaginative and competent individual.
(Temporary Job) • Invoice Input via Excel spreadsheets • Processed retail, corporate and insurance claims for the damage recovery unit.
• Reading and replying with feedback to unsolicited manuscripts and agent-sent manuscripts • Writing blog posts mainly aimed at young adult readers to create a buzz for new YA releases such as The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Keil • Sending mail-outs to authors, illustrators, agents etc. • General admin • Familiarising myself with Stripes’ titles. • Using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Apple technology • Research i.e. new and upcoming releases in middle-grade fiction in 2016/2017 • Proofreading layouts • Proofreading e-books • Proofreading authors’ first and second drafts • Brainstorming ideas for doodle books • Sitting in on meetings with Stripes designers and editors
• Using social media avenues to promote LTP’s brand including Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Facebook • Scheduling tweets and posts through using sites such as www.hootsuite.com • Producing new boards on Pinterest • Creating competitions to give LTP readers a chance to win their favourite authors’ new books. • Writing blog posts for their main site www.littletiger.com and for their Tumblr site www.doYAreadme.tumblr.com • Sending mail-outs • Creating activity sheets and submitting ideas for designers to create. • Writing press releases for up and coming books. • Writing Newsletters to offer clients a chance to stock LTP’s latest titles i.e. Newsletters for Waterstones • Print-outs
• Managed reception, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information.
• Audio-typing NHS letters for patients and doctors and sending out letters for various patient appointments and post-operative results etc. • Filing.
Jun 2015 – Sept 2015 Bar and Restaurant Supervisor • Delegating tasks to staff members in order to make sure the bar and restaurant run smoothly. • Supervise the team in a fair, consistent and responsible way. • Overseeing and handling cash control. • Helping to run functions such as weddings and meetings. • Dealing with questions and queries from customers etc. Jun 2014 – May 2015 Waitress & Bar Attendant • Taking customer orders. • Serving food and drinks. • Preparing tables. • Serving at the bar and using the tills etc.
• Responsible for the well-being and activities for girls between the ages of 7-15. • Part of the outdoor living skills team that led groups of girls through the adventure course that included: mountain biking, hiking, climbing walls and the zip line.
o Expedition: Hiking through Austria to Bavaria o Residential: Rock Climbing Course in Wales o Voluntary Activity: Literacy Mentoring programme for Key Stage 3 students at Gordons School. https://dofediamondchallenge.org/about/?gclid=CO3CjMbdn8wCFaFZ2wodRIgONQ