You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Over the last seven years' living and working in China I gained extensive editing, project management, account management, magazine publishing and translation experience; with a variety of roles that were both client facing as well as in-house.
• The Benefit Program offers exclusive discounts to all German Chamber members throughout mainland China. I proactively acquired new Benefit Partners, increasing the number of participating companies by 22% over a year adding companies such as Hilton Hotels, Mio Espresso and IQ Air. • I was entrusted with developing a new budgetary and forecasting model. • Completely redesigned the printed publication; developed and initiated a drastic rebranding strategy to ensure continued sustainability of the program.
• Entrusted with overseeing the entire editing, layout, design and publication of the German Chamber Ticker (GCT), the leading Sino-German bi-monthly business magazine with a readership of 26,000. • I supervised the activities of seven team members across Greater China, coordinating print and distribution. • Conducted extensive research to identify annual cover topics. • I recruited and briefed contributors, wrote my own pieces, and conducted interviews with key opinion leaders and high level experts. • I developed a comprehensive understanding of the business strategies of German companies in China as well key economic indicators that guide Sino-German foreign trade through editing flagship reports such as Business Confidence Survey (BCS) and Wages & Salary Report. • I was pivotal in the growth of the Chamber’s online presence. Based on my keen understanding of Chinese social media trends, I was selected for implementing the initial phase of WeChat adoption, completing a training aimed at maximising the added value of WeChat for companies.
• With a focus on team building and promoting company brand cohesion, I trained the vendor management team on their online English presence. • Managed a roster of 15 freelance translators with a focus on marketing and telecom projects. • As a personal career highlight, and allowing me to indulge in my passion for baking, I cooperated with Joanna Pollnow to translate her Nordic recipes from Swedish to English and supervised the Chinese translation for a Chinese market. Currently in its second reprint ISBN-13: 978-9198234800. • Translated from Chinese (Simplified) to English and Swedish to English, as well as editing works translated from these language pairs.
• As one of the very first foreigners my 650+ Chinese students ever encountered, I was forced to navigate cultural differences (with students and teaching staff), while providing the highest level of English language instruction. • Created all my own teaching materials and embraced the opportunity for cultural exchange and full immersion into rural China.
• Provided training of new staff members • Organised bookings for accommodation and tables • Liaised with kitchen to produce daily menus • Balanced tills at the end of the shift • Handled complaints
Graduated with 2:1