Hello! I'm Ellis, an Illustrator currently based in Portsmouth, UK. I create playful characters and use bold colours to visually express a specific idea or text and would love to create illustrations for printed and digital editorial and narrative briefs, collaborate with other creatives and be involved with community art projects. Past clients include: AARP Ethel, FOYER Magazine, A Creative Coffee, Community Bridges, SJC and more. If you would like to get in touch about any commissions/collaborations, or if you would just like to say hello, please email me at: email@example.com ✉️
- Print Social - 'International Women's Day 2023' CampaignThis year for International Women’s Day, I teamed up with @weareprintsocial to create a limited edition design for a number of their garments, celebrating sisterhood and the empowerment of women. Printed on both the front and back, you can pick from a number of T-shirt and sweatshirt styles, as well as a tote bag! 5% of all profits (+ Print Social’s donation) will be donated to ‘Girls Out Loud’. @girlsoutloudorg is a charity working with young girls to help find their sense of self, improve th
- Cog Design - 'Cultural Highlights of 2022 for January's Newsletter'A recent commission for Cog Design's online newsletter, recapping their favourite cultural highlights and what they got up to in 2022. Referencing many interesting events such as Cornelia Parker's and Hew Locke's installations at Tate Britain, seeing Jessie Ware at Brixton Academy, watching 'It Don't Worry Me' in theatre, attending Punchdrunk's The Lost City and many more. Read the article here: https://cogdesign.com/journal/cultural-highlights-of-2022/ Drawn using Procreate software and rou
- Community Bridges - 'Benefits of Physical Exercise for the Mind and Body'A recent illustration for an article on the Community Bridges online magazine, about the many benefits of physical exercise on our minds and bodies. In the article it discusses a range of activities we can take part in, that will help to boost our physical and mental health. Drawn using Procreate software and rough pencil brushes.
- AARP 'The Ethel' - 'Seven podcasts to boost mind, body and successful aging'A recent commission by AARP to create an illustration for a lifestyle article on 'The Ethel' online newsletter. The article lists the seven best podcasts targeted to women over 60 and discusses ways to boost your mind, spirit and sexuality. Read the full story here: https://www.aarpethel.com/health/7-mind-and-body-boosting-podcasts-that-promote-healthy-aging The Ethel online newsletter is a great resource, targeted at women over 50 and designed to celebrate and champion the idea of older wom
- Community Bridges - 'Stress Awareness Month'A digital illustration for an article dedicated to 'Stress Awareness Month' on CB's online magazine from The Stress Management Society, promoting their workshop and sharing some tips on how to cope with stress. This illustration depicts the many worries that could regularly occupy someone's mind and how stress has an affect on our everyday lives. This illustration has been used on Community Bridges' social media account and online magazine. https://www.communitybridges.co.uk/social-events
+ View all
Projects credited in
- University of Portsmouth, BA(Hons) IllustrationThis year we celebrate not only the creative practice of our 2020 graduates but also the commitment, tenacity and professionalism that enabled them to respond with such positivity to the global pandemic and the challenges it brought. The course encourages students to consider the role and responsibility of an illustrator, with reference to authorial practice and social issues; the emphasis on research informs the content and specialism of their visual practice. The work of our graduates empl25
- Graduate Show 2020This year we celebrate not only the creative practice of our 2020 graduates but also the commitment, tenacity and professionalism that enabled them to respond with such positivity to the global pandemic and the challenges it brought. The course encourages students to consider the role and responsibility of an illustrator, with reference to authorial practice and social issues; the emphasis on research informs the content and specialism of their visual practice. The work of our graduates empl10
Freelance IllustratorSelf Employed
Portsmouth, United KingdomFreelance
Role: Freelance illustrator currently based in Portsmouth, UK. I work primarily on illustrations for editorial articles on online magazines, blogs and digital newsletters, using playful characters to help visually express a specific idea. I would love to develop my portfolio in other creative sectors and to collaborate with other creatives and work on community art projects. Clients include: Cog Design, AARP Ethel, FOYER Magazine, A Creative Coffee, Community Bridges, SJC and more.
Creator of Skill Swap SocietySkill Swap Society
- Portsmouth, United KingdomFreelance
A non-profit project I created, hosting a digital networking platform for a collective of practising creatives to share, learn and network with each other, throughout the pandemic. We would hold monthly meetings and have a dedicated social group where we could share our progress. I was responsible for scheduling and leading creative workshops, branding and social media management.
+ Show more
- Adobe Photoshop
- Life Drawing
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Reportage Illustration
- Digital Illustration
+ Show more