21, She/Her, based in North London. Studying Graphic Communication Design at Central Saint Martins, (University of the Arts London). Interested in writing, photography, typography, publication design and print-making as key elements within my design practice. As a result of the common intersection of writing and design within my own practice, and my intrinsic attraction to writing itself, I have become particularly interested in publication/editorial design. With this being said, I am also looking to strengthen my own writing (academic/creative) skills outside of university, whether this means writing for myself, or for a small-scale magazine, for example. This will allow me to elevate my communication skills and place myself within a suitable field in the design world.
- [Foundation] Experimental Zines (A5)2x experimental zines (size A5) made during my foundation year (2018). There is no particular subject matter, instead I was exploring how to format informal publications, experimenting with materials like acetate and tracing paper. Imagery consists of scans from my foundation sketchbooks.
- Delta of Venus [Foundation FMP]Delta of Venus was my foundation Final Major Project. Focusing on changing attitudes towards intimacy, I explored literary figures like Anaïs Nin and Henry Miller, who were at one time (and to an extent, still are) shunned for the nature of their writing. I combined this with the modern, dominating rise of online pornography, and how it has transformed - arguably in a detrimental way - our human understanding of intimacy, and whether we may ever be able to escape its omnipresent existence. The
- 'The Whole Earth Catalog: ReImagined' / Understanding IntroversionA collaborative university project - a contemporary twist on Stuart Brand's Whole Earth Catalog (1968-1998). As a collaborative team formed of seven members, each with different design practices, we were tasked with delivering x2 double page spreads to input into a final publication for print, for our end of year Open Studio. My spreads comprised of information about Introverts, and tools we can learn from them, as typically overlooked members of society, with a large amount of untapped knowledg
- Etchings inspired by The Animated Tales ‘The Tempest’Soft ground etching on zinc plate, A5. [Personal project] Inspired by ‘The Animated Tales ‘The Tempest’’. I was captivated by all its peculiarities and intricacies when first shown it in primary school. My fascination with it came to fruition (derived from frui in Latin, meaning “to enjoy”) in the print room at uni.
- Unit 3 Publication / Stage 1 GCDA 16-page publication in response to a first year university brief - focused around my response to five 'Core Processes' pertinent to my course, known as IMAGE/CONTEXT/TYPOGRAPHY/DIGITAL/PRINT. This is a visual and textual summary in which I have joined up my learning from each individual core process, as well as contextual awareness in relation to who I am as a Graphic Communication Designer.
- Adobe Indesign
- Publication Design
- Communication Design
+ Show more