- Translation + Transcription : Il Mostro Dell'OperaA collaborative project working alongside the Guildhall School of Music & Drama and Cineteca di Bologna, for the restoration of rare footage of Renato Polselli's 1964 gothic drama Il Mostro Dell'Opera. My role was the transcription of the muffled Italian dialogue and its translation into English for soft-title projection for the live-screening at The Barbican, which concluded with a talk by a musicologist and historian.
- Website + Logo : The Institute of CoffeeCommissioned in Spring 2020 (kept me busy during the lockdown!) by Jon Townsend for his barista training company. TIOC offers a range of coffee classes for hobbyists and professionals in everything from Latte Art to certified Specialty Coffee Association courses of all levels.
- Cass Art : Advertisements and tutorial seriesA series of short tutorials commissioned by UK art supply retailer Cass Art. In each video I demonstrate how to use a different artistic medium or product. As well as staring in the videos myself, I also directed and produced each film. Filmed in Brighton's Copperdollar Studio.
+ Show more
Film ProducerCASS Art
Brighton, United KingdomFreelance
Filming, Producing and editing a series of advert/tutorial videos for nationwide art-supply retailer Cass Art. My role also included presenting the tutorials, demonstrating the various art products, and narrating the footage. Videos can be viewed art www.emiliowroth.com/cass-art
Branding + Web DesignThe Institute of Coffee
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Developing the graphic identity and responsive website with an automated booking system for The Institute of Coffee, who provide specialty coffee barista training - www.theinstituteofcoffee.com
+ Show more
- Web Design
- Logo Design
- Graphic Design
- Film Editing
- Film Directing
- Film Production
- Voice Over
- Voice Acting
- Web Development
Master of ArtsUniversity of Brighton
- Brighton, United Kingdom
Masters degree in Sequential Design/Illustration, in which I explored the synergy of sound and moving-image in abstract cinema, and its effects on an audience's interpretation of a film's narrative. For my final project I produced a series of short films with alternate soundtracks, and developed an interactive installation allowing the user to navigate their own audio-visual narrative through a short abstract film via on old SNES controller.
Batchelor of ArtsDe Montfort University
- Leicester, United Kingdom
Batchelor of Arts degree course in Music, Technology & Innovation, with modules in score composition for film, and studio engineering. My final dissertation explored the use of analytic data extrapolation as a tool for digital music composition.
+ Show more