• Operated industrial sewing machines and over lockers. • Maintained chronological order in costume store. • Toil development with cast members’ fittings. • Knowledge of historical fashion. • Costume sourcing. • Behind the scenes for alterations and repair. • Headpiece construction. • Correspondence with textile suppliers.
• Hand crafted a large quantity of leather flowers for a client’s bespoke shoe design • Liaised with private clients and businesses. • Communicated with Head Designer Natacha for quality of finish. • Creative brainstorming, collating mood boards for theme of research.
• Produced bespoke hats from Justin’s collections for his clientele. • Assisting clients with trying on hats at sample sale. • Helped create/design a collection of hats for Royal Ascot. • Managing the Design Studio whilst designer was working externally at Pinewood Studios. • Disney’s Maleficent (2014) Milliner assistant for Angelina Jolie’s headpieces. • Liaising with press. • Sourced materials for, and assisted in making, a headpiece for HatWalk, a sponsored event with the Mayor of London and the British Fashion Council. The headpiece was made to represent ‘wings’ made for the Queen Victoria statue.
• Hand constructed leather pieces. • Liaised with clients to arrange delivery of seasonal products for press and buyers. • Displayed Spring/Summer collection at PR event in Swarovski House, Central London. Set up visual product display for impact of sales/orders and was also on hand to provide information about collection to potential customers. • Styling photo shoot for Autumn/Winter look book • Assisted at Premier Classe Trade Show, Paris Fashion Week 2012. Liaised with press and buyers, promoting Autumn/Winter collection. • Made bespoke leather pieces for high-profile clients such as JLS, Christina Aguilera and Nicki Minaj. • Built contact list of press and buyers using Microsoft excel.
• Hand sewing using a number of different millinery techniques and working with a vast array of fabrics. • Styling customers to create an overall look based upon the occasion or event they were attending. • Up cycling previous stock to create new hats.
• Provided excellent customer service. • Trend forecasting. • Maintaining an extensive product knowledge in order to display products effectively.
• Assisted with set design – creating a visual backdrop for scenes to fit director’s brief. • Enjoying a hands on role designing and constructing props which were used on screen. • Film set maintenance and dressing. • Used initiative to create visually appropriate set designs and colour schemes.
Grade 2:1 BA (hons) Multimedia Textile design, With a Diploma in Professional Studies
One of ten chosen from Loughborough University Textiles Design http://tinyurl.com/emmarussell
Exhibition held for Liverpool Capital of Culture