Graphic and Editorial Designer based in London. Black and white enthusiast, always looking for the minimalist side of things. Passionate about typography, art, photography, literature and magazines. Behance: https://www.behance.net/ciuffredaerica LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/erica-ciuffreda-7a7814231/ Instagram design profile: @ecffr_design Instagram personal profile: @ericacffr
+ Show more
- Reflections of architectureBA Graphic Communication Design Final Major Project 2022 Reflections of architecture is a set of three publications - black, grey and white issue - which bring together written essays (selected from Juhani Pallasmaa's work) and black and white photography (shot by me). The publications offer an experience of architecture that engages all senses, in an effort to make the reader pause and experience the stillness of the present moment in all its heterogeneity, difference and complexity. The reade
- Graphic Design Portfolio 2020/2021The portfolio shows a collection of work I created during 2020 and 2021. What characterises my style is the attention for even the smallest details, combined with a clean and straight-forward aesthetic, an innovative and delicate approach to typography and comprehensive care and consideration of communication aims.
- ISTD 2021 - Invisible CitiesAwarded Merit and ISTD membership The book Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino is exemplary in dealing with the concepts of visible and invisible, explored in the structure of language, in the meaning of words, in the construction of cities. My edition of the book presents itself as an exploration of five cities (Valdrada, Zemrude, Baucis, Phyllis and Moriana) through the lenses of memory. Every strong sensation perceived by our senses is impressed in our memory with a certain level of precision
- Ocean SeaThe book Ocean Sea is an intimate, typographic and poetic interpretation and re-presentation of the book Oceano Mare by Alessandro Baricco. The original book is divided into three chapters, which are narratively linked to each other, but at the same time conceptually independent from one another. For my publication I selected some quotes from the first chapter of the book and I arranged them into four new chapters - Sand, Seashells, Low tide, High tide - each one dealing with a different quality
+ View all
Projects credited in
- The Movement Movement MagazineIllustrations for The Movement Movement Magazine Issue 00 - The Starting Line The independent magazine by and for women in sport The magazine is built to change the narrative around sport and give women the platform to tell their own stories on movement - whatever it means to us - for the first time in the indie mag space. / It is an entirely inclusive space for all women and non-binary people to celebrate movement in all its forms, from professional sport to whatever ways we move in our ever
- ISSUE 00 - SEE YOU AT THE STARTING LINEOur 00 issue is an exploration of sport and movement by women voices across the globe. At The Starting Line, we celebrate starting anew, starting from scratch and re-starting all over again; something that rings true to all of us – athletes, sports-doers and those who identify as neither – following a couple of years like no other across the globe. This issue explores body image, disability, chronic illness, winning, losing, solitude and togetherness, leaning into the dualities that make sport
- Typography Design
- Magazine Design
- Magazine Layout
- Book Design
- Book Printing
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Photo Editing
- Art Appreciation
- Social Media Management
RSA Student Design AwardRoyal Society of ArtsMarketing Trust award for Beyond Divisions, an animation exploring the differences between virtual world and real life to highlight the importance of building meaningful relationships. The animation was submitted in response to Moving pictures Category 2: Act together, with audio by Vivek Murthy.
Pass with Merit and ISTD MembershipInternational Society of Typographic Designers (ISTD)Awarded a Pass with Merit and ISTD Membership for the project "Invisible Cities". This industry-recognised professional qualification allows me to be part of the International Society of Typographic Designers and entitles me to use MISTD after my name.
+ Show more