The short version: I love nice things… Great music, great film, great art, great ideas and of course great design. And thankfully I get to be a part of creating these things every day, which is all I really want to do in my work life, make nice things. Motion Graphics, Videos, Graphic Design, whatever I can get the opportunity to create. Variety is the spice of my life. A bit more detail: I studied graphic design as well as film at college, then film & video production at university whilst keeping the designing going on personal projects etc. Upon finishing my studies I worked initially within/around the music industry, with design, motion and creation of various commercials and video projects over those years. Moving into more TV-based work after this time, then more into film industry-based work for the last few years. I took on the role of Head Of Design at Ignition Creative London in spring 2015. The purpose of the role being to create a design department from scratch and gradually build up a highly effective, multi-disciplinary in-house team. I did this whilst the company expanded from 10 employees to nearly 30, with the volume and scale of projects going up and up accordingly. After many happy years there overseeing the team, their output and working on the design aspects of hundreds of varied projects, in spring 2019 I decided to leave Ignition to return to the world of freelancing. To reconnect with the hands-on creation of projects myself and explore new opportunities in varied and interesting areas of work. How I work: As a good all-rounder, I tend to specialise in projects I can be across in a range of ways, either working in-depth myself in various aspects (design, concept, animation, execution, editing) or overseeing a project/ collaborating with other designers/editors etc. I am as equally attuned to working on a project as just myself, or as part of a larger team, interacting face to face with producers and clients etc.
- ITV – In Cold Blood (Feature Documentary)I was very proud to work on this feature length documentary about the decades long scandal of contaminated blood products for filmmaker Marcus Plowright, commissioned by ITV. It was an expansive project, lasting many months from winter 2019 to September 2020 when it aired on ITV. I worked very closely with Marcus during the creation of the film to try and bring to life the events of the investigation, featuring many unearthed documents that charted the cover ups and events, over the decades it a
- LEE BROOM – ‘Maestro’ FilmsI was pleased to take on the entire post-production (including editing, colour grading and some light VFX work) for this ambitious creative from designer Lee Broom & agency Satore Studio. The film consists of 3 x vignettes, each soundtracked by a different piece of classical music by 3 renowned composers (Grieg, Debussy & Haydn). The visuals show an orchestra, sat on Lee Broom’s new design, performing each piece in a blacked out space, lit from all directions by specifically timed lighting, all
- FUTURE UTOPIA – Album Artwork AnimationI was excited to be a part of this project creating animations from the wonderful artwork by Pentagram’s Abbott Miller & illustrator Ori Toor, for the new music project from producer Fraser T Smith: FUTURE UTOPIA. Creatively steering the ship was Robin Burke of 1983 Creative with Giovanni Bucci & Lukas Weyandt collaborating with me on the animation. Check out @thefutureutopia on Instagram for an immersive dive into the world we created (some highlights below) or click the post below this to view
- MEDIA CUBS – Social & Outdoor CampaignI worked on this project during the first lockdown back in June. With the worlds of film, live events, music, art and TV all effectively shut down, I got in contact with Not Fur’ Long Creative, who were trying to make the best of a bad situation by connecting currently out-of-work creatives like myself, with in-need non-profit organisations like MEDIA CUBS. I created a series of deliverables for this Manchester based after-schools youth media initiative, including an animated ‘manifesto video’,
+ View all
Freelance Motion Designer / Video Maker / Graphic Designer(Various)
London, United KingdomFull Time
Working with an expanding group of companies and organisations including Saatchi Gallery, UNKLE, Satore Studio, Hugo Boss, Mr Hudson + more. Creating a variety of work, including music videos, trailers, web videos, motion graphics and other AV communications.
Head Of DesignIgnition Creative
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Highly experienced in large and small scale projects, highly skilled technical all-rounder and creative. Have worked on a large number of varied projects both as a solo designer and as part of a larger team and overseeing a team. Created and built up the I gnition Creative design team from scratch as their very first full time design hire, going on to lead and coordinate the ever-growing team with regard to workflow, technical aspects and overall creative output as the company expanded to over 5 times its original size over the 4 years.
+ Show more
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Motion Graphics
- Graphic Design
- Video Advertising
- Digital Advertising
- Print Advertising