You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I hold a MA in Visual Anthropology and a BA in Political Science. My experience in self-shooting, editing, development and pre-production, project management, and customer service would be well received in a film oriented working environment. My enthusiasm, professionalism and language skills (English, Spanish, Catalan and French) have always matched and adapted themselves to new challenges; from filming people in Paris with acute living difficulties, to assisting the organisation of a Forum with an AV/VR exhibition and a pitching session for a documentary film festival in New Zealand, to managing important events for an Auckland based film lobby, to assisting a producer with the early stages of funding a film project, to working alongside Mr. Nick Broomfield for a Masterclass, to searching photographic stills for a BBC documentary, to coordinating volunteers at an important political Congress in Madrid.Locked Pro Plan feature
- Self-shoot for different projects they assign me. I cover the French market for research-interview based films for private clients. - Next project coming up in April.
- Organised the Screen Industry Election Forum and the Annual General Meeting. I was coordinating all thirteen Board Members to work together and liaising with top political spokespersons, from the leading parties in NZ. Other tasks entailed organising food, drinks and all the technical equipment, as well as, supervising all documents that had to be sent out to the members. My work was directly supervised by the Chairman, who I also assisted. - Took minutes from all Board Meetings and the AGM. - Updated Film Auckland’s website, created their Twitter account and updated their Facebook page. - I was responsible of the memberships. Whilst working for them I managed to increase their membership base and achieved many renewals. - Created their Mailchimp account and designed EDMs to be sent to members and Board Members. - The use of Excel spreadsheets, and good communication skills were necessary throughout this role.
- Created and designed the website for the Film Foundation using WordPress – www.asianzfilm.org.nz
- Worked alongside and assisted director and producer Alex Lee on the development and pre-production for a feature documentary with an AV/VR parallel project. - Did all the necessary examination for national and international industry funding markets and festivals. - I wrote film proposals that required some research for the film development, specially on Pakistan and the main characters of the documentary. - Had direct contact and participated in meetings with the producer, Alex Lee, the co-producer, Hans Robert Eisenhauer, the director, Yonatan Nir, and the writer, Justin Brown, to create the necessary material asked for the funding applications. Communication with the Creative Producers, Samantha Ramlu and Eugene Eastlake, who were in charge of the AV/VR side of the story was also very important. - Worked for another film project for Alex Lee; it featured New Zealand but had a Chinese background. I used StudioBinder to breakdown the script. - Created Tamarillo Films Limited website: www.tamarillofilms.com
- Worked alongside and assisted the Project Coordinator for the Screen Edge Forum and Doc Pitch. - Supervised and helped the organisation of the VR/AR exhibition for the festival. - Responsible for all the registrations and making all the passes for the attendees. - Created the EDMs for the Forum to promote it around all productions companies and newspapers in New Zealand. - During the Forum, I was made responsible for the tech side of the presentations; making sure all the pitchers, panellists and speakers had their presentations up and running. I was the to-go for any problem. - I was selected to particularly assist Mr. Nick Broomfield for his Masterclass during the Forum. - After the Forum, I designed surveys on Monkey Survey. - Created reports for both Forums in Wellington and Auckland that were used for the general report to present to funders. - Being knowledgeable with Excel spreadsheets and Power Point presentations; having good communication skills and flexibility; being able to multi task and being fast at problem solving were necessary skills throughout this role.
- Worked part-time as Front of House in a very busy café in London. - This position required excellent customer service, confidence and being quick at problem solving. - Supervisor skills were also acquired in this café as before starting my MA I was a full time fully trained barista and then was promoted to supervisor. Till, shift and stock management were part of my supervising role.
- Assisted the fashion assistants of Vogue Russia, Vogue Turkey, Tatler Russia and Glamour Russia. - Researched and called in samples for photo shoots as well as returned the used ones. - Good communication skills and knowledge of the fashion industry were required.
- Gained experience in Human Resources; selecting the best candidates from the 130 applicants to volunteer for EJF at Glastonbury Festival. - Assisted the team for the ‘Save the Bees Campaign’ by contacting media and celebrity ambassadors, and organising fundraising events at the Houses of Parliament in London. - I managed their social media and their e-shop; controlling the stock and updating the spreadsheets. - Managed their pop-up shops in June 2014 and June 2015.
- Directly assisted the fashion assistants in the fashion and editorial team with returns, completing various ad hoc and admin to them. - Transcribed interviews for the features team.
- As Research Assistant I was tracking down Argentine photographic stills, to deliver better resolution and copyright clearance for the post-production for a BBC2 documentary called “Railways’. My communication skills in Spanish were invaluable.
I was doing this degree part-time. It was has focused on Anthropology of Art and in History of Cinema and Documentary Filmmaking as well as Photography. It trains one to be a self-shooter; being able to film, direct, edit and do sound.
This degree led to acquiring good research skills, familiarising with social investigation methods, fieldwork, critical thought, economics and abstract reading. It also led to building a thoroughly critical perspective on current affairs. I took the opportunity to polish my oratory and rhetorical skills. International Exchange, university of Richmond, Richmond, VA, USA (June 20011-December 2011) This was a highly focused –specialising in International Relations- six month period during my Political Science studies. The training in new media was tough, effecting a valuable improvement in my presentation skills. I flourished under the healthy challenge of adapting from European roots to a very different environment. This period had a strong positive impact on my self-confidence, and was character-building.
These two years focused on subjects related to Social Sciences (Maths, Economics, History, Geography, Art History and Languages).