I've been devoted to working within the creative industry for the last 10 years with most of my background laying within live events, music and content strategy. In the last 6 years I've mostly been found working both brand and agency side in a range of capacities from project management for touring music artists & festivals to running mentoring programs & managing a venue for a brand. As an avid collaborator and with experience working within content strategy I’m able to make decisions that add to the overall business strategy of being able to create brand experiences that tap into multiple mediums and connect with our end user whilst developing meaningful relationships with authoritative voices in a range of creative spaces. This is particularly important when wanting to create content worthy brand moments that best communicate the brands vision. Outside of work, I graduated in a Masters by Research in Communication, Cultural and Media Studies in July 2019. My thesis entitled 'Transatlantic Black Lives Matter: Motivations for Participation and Non Participation in Black Lives Matter Beyond the USA' looked at the different levels of participation in Black Lives Matter outside of the US, and how and why people form particular ideas that either encourages or discourages participation. I’m invested in being able to translate a brands vision into real life tangible experiences by combining an understanding of our audience and the things that trigger their participation in the things we produce. With knowledge of events from a technical point of view coupled with my hands on event management experience I have a deep rooted (but continuously developing) knowledge of live events and understand how multiple departments intertwine to create memorable and safe experiences.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Heart & SoulHeart & Soul was an event concept I worked on to connect artists with their audience. We booked JP Cooper for our very 1st show, just after he had signed to Island records. The show was hosted by Mika Abraham and Noah Music (duo) were the opening act for the night. Below is a video of the highlights of the night.
Operations ManagerBroadwick Live / Printworks
London, United KingdomFull Time
- Supporting the Head of Operations to develop and deliver Printworks strategic operational plan. Assisting the Head of Operations with external bodies, clients, concert promoters, and other event owners to provide services for the delivery of music shows and third party events. - Liaising with SAG to produce high quality shows in a safe environment. - Managing show day operations on both event and non-event days including being responsible for all accreditation and staffing levels (including stewarding teams and external security agencies as appropriate). - Working closely with the Head of Operations and Broadwick Live People & Culture team to assist with the recruitment strategy and be responsible for ongoing HR requirements. - Implementing new processes and procedures that aid growth and financial efficiencies. - On some occasions acting as the Designated Premises Supervisor in accord with the Premises Licence issued under the Licensing Act 2003 responsible for compliance with all licensing requirements. - Key point of contact for all key suppliers from procurement to delivery. - Ensuring effective negotiation, contracting and management of suppliers. - Assisting wider partners and clients with all operation requirements. - Establishing production schedules for projects and communicating effectively to all relevant parties – ensuring all information is up to date. - Ensuring that all teams follow correct conduct in line with the venue’s policies and procedures.
+ Show more
- Marketing PR
- Event Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Content Strategy
- Supplier Management
- Production/project Management
- Health and Safety
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Budgeting Scheduling
- Procurement and Logistics
- Music and Creative Events
- Operational Management
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Sponsorship Management
- Sponsorship Activation
Masters by Research in Communication, Cultural and Media StudiesUniversity of Huddersfield
- Huddersfield, United Kingdom
My thesis, entitled “Transatlantic Black Lives Matter: Motivations for Participation and NonParticipation in Black Lives Matter Beyond the USA” explored some of the key themes in participation in the social movement outside of the US. My research particularly looked at how and why people form particular ideas that either encourages or discourages participation.
+ Show more