You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Krept and Konan Stage Set?
Do you really want to hide project Krept and Konan Stage Set?
Do you really want to unhide project Krept and Konan Stage Set?
Do you really want to delete project Outlook Festival 2014?
Do you really want to hide project Outlook Festival 2014?
Do you really want to unhide project Outlook Festival 2014?
Do you really want to delete project Knife Party Stage Set?
Do you really want to hide project Knife Party Stage Set?
Do you really want to unhide project Knife Party Stage Set?
Do you really want to delete project The Imperial Ice Stars: Swan Lake?
Do you really want to hide project The Imperial Ice Stars: Swan Lake?
Do you really want to unhide project The Imperial Ice Stars: Swan Lake?
I'm an energetic, ambitious, and curious individual who has developed a mature and responsible approach to undertaking multiple tasks. I pride myself on being both present & enthusiastic and reserved and observant in equal measures. Having started “working” when I was 14 while assisting a family member as she embarked on developing a magazine whose core target audience were POC’s that eventually was stocked in some of the hardest WH Smith and Asda locations for such a magazine my professional attitude to work has continuously been fine tuned. Over the last 3 years I have worked primarily in events both from an event management point of view and a production point of view. These events include festivals (UK and Europe), product launches and tours. I’m currently in a Junior Project Manager role based in West Yorkshire where I manage the conception-to-completion manufacturing of custom stage sets/scenic elements for music artists, theatre productions and brands. Projects I have solely managed include stage sets and/or scenic pieces for Mark Ronson, Dynamo, Knife Party, Will Young, One Direction, Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie and Krept and Konan.. In 2014 I piloted a creative mentoring program which started off in fashion called We Are DOPE [DOPE standing for ‘Defining Our Potential & Excellence’]. I paired 4 young people with industry mentors such as Craig Smith (Brand Communication Director, Ted Baker) and Tiffanie Darke (Creative Content Director, News UK and former Editor of The Sunday Times Style). All mentors worked with their mentee for 6 months to develop creative projects they had submitted at the beginning. Throughout the program they also had masterclasses with people such as Paul Solomons (Creative Director, British GQ and GQ Style) and Eniola Ogunnaike (Marketing Manager, Lacoste). I'm also embarking on a journey to develop an all encompassing touring platform called Curiosity Might Kill Me which is for artists working primarily within the Future Sounds genre (and those closely linked to it). Though the above are passion projects at the moment they bring together things I’m highly passionate about - music and the live events experience, the sharing of peoples stories and ideas through film, art etc. and the development of people (especially young people). My experience over the years have encouraged me to be attentive to the needs of my clients and/or end-user, to be able to build strong relationships and create memorable experiences For the last 3 years I have been in a season I've dubbed the 'Sponge Season'. I'm trying to absorb as much information as I can about things that add to what I see as my future. Things from entertainment marketing and events to developing young talent and creating compelling content. Moving forward I’d like to work in a client facing project or event management role that is both creative and operational that not only allows me to utilise technical and managerial knowledge I have gained but also creates an environment that allows for growth and career progression.
- Work with/manage a range of stakeholders (artists, production managers, suppliers, sponsors, structural engineers etc.) - Manage multi projects simultaneously - Prepare pitches/proposals for tenders/partnerships - Work across internal departments (sales, design, marketing, manufacturing etc.) - Create and manage complex budgets (£200k+) - Give regular progress reports to all stakeholders - Offer creative solutions to issues - Manage procurement & raise POs & invoices [Sage 50 Accounts] - Have a strong sense of commercial acumen - Negotiate on terms of agreements - Develop health & safety policies and event management safety plans on projects/events - Communicate fluidly between different levels of people - Provide on-site management - Manage event logistics both in the UK and abroad - Source and manage all freelancers.
- Coordinating distribution of staff & artist accreditation for each event; compiling accreditation passes & accreditation pass sheets for each event. - Compiling guest list requests for each event as they come in via e-mail. - Ensure all event day dressing rooms, backstage, VIP area & hotel rooms correctly set up before artists arrive each day. - Ensuring set times & show-stop procedure documents are distributed in key positions around venue for each show. - Assisting the Event Operations Manager with creating artist fees and settlement documents. - Assisting the Event Operations Manager with the the travel logistics documents [airport pick ups, event set ups etc.] - Log hotel bookings in the purchase order system for approval by the finance team & document on a google spreadsheet.
- Assistance with EMSP (Event Management and Safety Plan) - Administrative assistance with preparation of resources for on-site meetings and reporting - Administrative assistance with collation of shipping lists - Administrative assistance with development of site schedule - Collation and control of IT services requirements ? Collation and control of Kit List requirements - Collation and control of mobile phones and contact lists - Collation of Management Support Team rotas - Administrative assistance with Event Control resources - Administrative assistance regarding Fire Safety Staff and Supplier Management - Helping out with processing of staff and supplier working permits - Providing administrative support with regards to Staff and Supplier logistics - Assisting with the advancing of on-site staff and suppliers - Assisting with the creation of a Staff Handbook
- Create and edit all online content - Commission new writers - Manage all social media - Manage and evaluate online stats creating monthly reports for management team - Serve as a primary contact for bloggers, online journalists and various web communities. - Advising management team in regards to online trends and technologies - Work with PR companies to create online stories
- Create and maintain the fashion strategy for both print and online - Come up with ideas and concepts for shoots and editorial content - Making sure the there's a constant flow of projects the team can work on - Constantly building relationships and connecting with other professionals such as photographers, designers etc. - Generally working as part of a team to ensure all content be it print or online is of substance and quality - Building relationships with PRs, brands, etc. and creating conversations around partnerships and advertising with the magazine alongside our Business Development Manager.
- Assisting the EIM managers with appointments with clients - Supporting in the management of stock intake - Helping with preparation for Streetfest 2013 - Artist liaison and brand ambassador during Streetfest 2013 - Contributing to the internal company newsletter (including covering events) - Assisting with social media efforts (specifically Twitter and Instagram) - Database management - Basic admin duties (emails, phone calls, filing, etc.)
- Creating marketing strategies for clients - Research on new trends relating to the client - Generate ideas for advertising campaigns - Compiling reports about campaign reactions across the board - Bloggers outreach - Assisting in campaign shoots
- Assisting with collecting press samples and collections from designers for video/photo shoots - On occasion putting together moodboards to compliment the theme of the video/photo shoot - Keeping a record of all pieces acquired and used making sure that they are kept safe and credited for. - Accompanying Naomi to meetings to take notes on what to look for to go with the brief, preferences etc. - On the day of shoots steaming all pieces and ensuring they are hung up and ready to be used.
- Commissioning writers/photographers/stylists etc - Liaising with our stockists - Planning and organising projects - Researching and commissioning features and new titles - Coordinating press releases as necessary - Dealing with enquiries from subscribers and contributors via phone, email - Ensuring the magazines database is continuously updated - Advertising – dealing with requests, seeking new opportunities to increase advertising revenue for the magazine
- Publishing Posts - Liaising with other in-house teams, writers, photographers, printers, designers and production staff to negotiate and monitor timescales for stages in the publishing process - Obtaining rights to use materials from other publications - Amending articles making sure they represent the brand accordingly - Organising and researching projects to tight deadlines
- In house merchandising - Assist account managers on their appointments with clients in terms of packing their pulls. - Using trackit.com to to log all samples that are taken out of the showroom and brought back. - Working on press days - Assisting at London Fashion Week for all shows represented by Blow PR
I received 10 A - C GCSEs (including English and Math)