• Web and Intranet: - Administer news and documents section of staff and pupil intranet on SharePoint - Administer news and documents section on parent portal on SharePoint - Maintain and update the external website using Joomla- create pages, update photos and calendar of events • Media: - Administer social media platforms- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn with daily school news, #campaigns and national stories - Compile monthly analytics of social media, website and YouTube activity - Update Youtube and create captions - Create Storify entries for specific campaigns - Liaise and audit social media use across the school - Administer the delivery of communications across AV screens using MagicInfo Author and Server and Orange Valley Systems - Liaise with school staff to source relevant stories for broadcast and write/edit stories where appropriate - Select and edit event photographs for use on web, intranet and social media using Photoshop - To photograph school events for use on print or online communication and to optimise images for publication using Photoshop • General: - Create PowerPoint presentations for Open Days - Proof reading - Research e.g. copyright issues - Re-designing current in-house publications Advertising - Create adverts for print for newspapers and leaflets
• Update Twitter and Facebook posts twice per week every hour with news stories from the website, creative/spontaneous posts and London events.
• Co-ordinating 15 media volunteers by assigning them events to write blogs, take photos, update Instagram and speak to volunteers. • Creating a rota, organising cover and providing support and advice when required. • Set up a Whatsapp group for communication ease for last minute drop outs or questions. • Created photography and Instagram information and guidance sheets. • Set up and manage Instagram account.
• Communications: - E-Newsletter: in charge of writing copy and designing 3 e-newsletters using MailChimp. Coordinate e-swaps for shop products and other events. Collate stories and news for e-newsletters. - Social media: regularly schedule and update Facebook and Twitter with events, Handel trivia, competitions, # campaigns and Vine app videos using Hootsuite. Led #MuseumWeek and #Volunteersweek participation 2014 on Twitter, as well as creating in house campaigns such as #Cibber and #RoyalHandel to advertise our exhibitions and concert series. Create, implement and record podcasts of Saturday Talks, Exhibition Talks and a new bi monthly news cast. Schedule and upload podcasts onto SoundCloud, create playlists and imbed onto website. Create Storify entries for collating campaign information. - Website: regularly update the website using Merge CMS e.g. creating events and pages, general maintenance. Created Podcast and Musician of the Month sections. - Reports: create and update spreadsheets on social media data/activity and produce monthly figures using Hootsuite analytics and GoogleAnalytics. - Visitor Survey: assisted Communications Officer with designing and implementing a visitor survey and used SurveyMonkey to collate results. - Assisting with organising a 5 minute film called ‘Royal Handel’ for Handel House website. • Museum shop manager: training volunteer shop assistants, produce monthly PLU reports and sales figures for the Board, commissioning new items and liaising with designers, ordering and maintaining stock levels. • Duty manager (5 days per week): dealing with any front of house and volunteer problems that arise, organisation and deployment of volunteers. Take telephone event bookings, process event tickets and payment on Patron’s Edge. • Events: assist with setting up and supervising weekly concerts and other events, liaising with musicians and lecturers, supervising weekend children’s concerts. • Volunteers: responsible for volunteer recruitment, organising weekly rotas, museum training, health and safety training, updating volunteer handbook for volunteers, weekend support volunteers and interns, organising external museum visits and parties. Encouraging and working with university students to volunteer at the Museum. • Interns: in charge of internship programmes includes American intern placements and Westminster University placements, Erasmus and Leonardo Da Vinci participants. • Budgets: manage 3 budget lines including shop stock, maintenance and volunteers. • Other: file management- reorganisation of digital Image and Evaluation folders, photographer at Museum events for use on social media and brochures, assisting with set up of monthly cultivation events and private hires. Implemented a successful and on-going Saturday Talk and Exhibition Talk programme in April 2012- recording talks for use as podcasts on the website. Assisting with mail outs and wrote articles for quarterly Friends newsletter.
-Organised, labelled and re-packaged army medals to archival standards.
Medicine and Natural Sciences Records Administrator, Imperial College London (April 2011- October 2011) • Producing transcripts, statements of attendance and a variety of other documents. Assisting students with queries and enquiries over the phone, via email and in person. Use several databases and Excel spreadsheets to manage student records. Research Degrees Records Administrator, Imperial College London (April 2010 –April 2011) • Advice and guidance to students, examiners and academic staff across major university departments. • Liaising with external book binding companies and ensuring effective and efficient processing of VIVA theses postings and tracking of orders. Extensive data management of PhD student progress and updating databases.
• Liaising with departments and external stakeholders. Project managing the design of a predictive flow chart for the government publication ‘2050 Pathways Analysis Report’. Compilation of documents, handling confidential and restricted material, editing as required and provision of research assistance.
• Assistance in the promotion of the environmental documentary ‘Pig Business’ to environmental organisations. Developing and maintaining a press contact database. Extensive data management, developing strong relationships with environmental organisations and organising efficient posting of the film. Organisation of a screening of ‘Pig Business’ at the Houses of Parliament. Cold calling organisations to promote the film.
• Assigned threat categories to marine and freshwater molluscs and crustaceans. In depth literature searches which facilitated the production of detailed species reports, and producing / amending ARC Geographic Information System (GIS) maps on species distribution and abundance.
Studies theory and techniques of nature and environmnetal conservation
Studies human and physical geography