An enthusiastic, extremely curious art student having completed a foundation at Central Saint Martins UAL, and having taken up a Fine Art scholarship to Paris College of Art. I am fascinated in all areas of Fine Art, whether this be fashion design, illustration or more traditional oil painting; all of which I regularly practice. As a very visual person I believe I am able to immediately identify with a product’s unique selling point; I feel that alongside my upbeat, gregarious nature this would be very affective in sales of products (e.g. clothing). I believe my clarity and quick-witted nature allows me to work effectively and comfortably alongside my co-workers. Away from my artistic studies, I can be found Thrift shopping, visiting exhibitions, and attending regular life-drawing classes.
• Paris Fashion Week showroom: outfit changes, ensuring models reach catwalk on time, setting up/closing showroom, organising clothing on rail, packing up clothing at end of the day and odd jobs.
• Responsible for updating website on general ‘what’s on in Paris’ information, e.g. reviewing current exhibitions/events • Organising, advertising and working at different events around Campus • Filing and odd jobs for the admissions staff
• Attended meetings where I could offer advice on modifying designs put forward. • Market research: photographically documenting market trends spotted and presenting them.
• Working with clients of the gallery; via email, distributing invitations to up and coming exhibitions etc. • General organisation of the gallery: filling, alphabetising, labelling, online documentation.
• Waiting tables at a mix of social events.
• Modifying the website: took photographs for and updated the website. • Researched and documented the Studios’ publicity. E.g. magazine mentions. • Experimented with a range of CAD software and gained an understanding of the design to manufacture process.
6 months foundation studies
Art, Design and History of Art