You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I am a hardworking and career driven individual with a positive attitude and a keen team player. I have worked in journalistic roles, editorial positions, and marketing professions, gaining a wide range of skills from each. I can confidently use WordPress to create and edit articles, whilst being able to use Nielsen BookScan, CMS2, Biblio and Sysomos to aid research and data collection. I have experience with MailChimp and Fishbowl, as well as being able to expertly use Facebook Scheduling, Hootsuite, Buffer, Latergramme and Google Analytics when working with social media. I can also use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Sway efficiently. I have developed key client relationships, communicating confidently to clients both via email and telephone. Proactive and ambitious, I approach all tasks with a keen eye for detail, using my fantastic organisational skills to keep to deadlines and arrive punctually.
• I work independently as the social media manager for this company, solely handling the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram sites for four separate public houses. • I can expertly use Facebook Scheduling, Hootsuite to schedule posts for Twitter and Google Analytics. I also use Buffer and Latergramme, whilst creating Excel spreadsheets for schedules and collecting data. • When giving presentations, I typically use either Microsoft Sway or PowerPoint. • Proofread the menus, websites, and posters before promoting them to the public. • Create copy for table talkers, posters, adverts, the websites and newsletters using Fishbowl. • Personally handle customers reviews on social media, email, and TripAdvisor. • Create events held at the public houses, contacting musicians, companies for decorations and photographers. I have also been a photographer at several events for the company. • Currently working on a Wedding Brochure, exclusively creating the copy for the entire booklet myself, to advertise weddings and the packages provided at each site.
• Worked with manuscripts that ranged from chick-lit fiction to Shakespeare’s Letters in non-fiction; proof-read, edited, and approved or disapproved of the books that were sent in. • Handled client contracts, both sent and received them and filed them judiciously. • I used Nielsen BookScan to look for authors’ books and the prices, collected data for the agents to analyse the revenue taken in from book sales. • Handled the social media both on Twitter and Instagram for the company, whilst balancing working on reception and every day office tasks.
• Worked closely with the Senior Marketing Executive to deliver strong and creative advertisements for the books we were promoting. • Took on the role of Assistant Director at the BBC Official Doctor Who Cookbook video shoot, where I helped to create the adverts and focused on the minute details. I was highly praised by the author who thought I had been in that position for years, instead of a few weeks. • I carried out research, contacted PRs, sent out copies of Ebury’s books and wrote articles for The Good Pub Guide’s website whilst learning how to use Biblio and Sysomos for data research. I also created the display in the foyer to the office for Shappi Khorsandi’s book Nina Is Not Okay, which she complimented me on personally.
• I conducted research for a UK travel app, working for the oil company, BP. I worked under freelance journalist Leonora Bear and contacted places of interest to be featured on the app. I wrote several segments that will be featured on the app when it is released.
• Helping start up Great Worqs as a platform for film makers and script writers to collaborate on was a fantastic experience, we brought it from a simple idea to a globally used site. • I was the sole editor for the scripts that were sent in, I proofread and sent feedback to the scriptwriters. I worked with both the film makers and script writers to perfect their stories, ready to be transformed into films. • Created monthly newsletters for our subscribers using MailChimp. I also created the copy for our press releases and business plans.
• Created a wide variety of articles that range from interviews with top chefs, reviews of plays and restaurants, What’s On recommendations, listicles, and profiles on historical landmarks. • Attended multiple press events through creating working relationships with PRs and clients. • Handled the social media for Culture Trip London, working with Buffer and Latergramme.
• Transcribed, then wrote and edited articles for the Editorial Assistant. • Contacted PRs and companies, researched for articles, and updated important documents for meetings with the editor. Created an article for the magazine on Mindfulness, using WordPress. • In charge of Twitter and Instagram for both Healthy and Healthy For Men using Latergramme and Hootsuite to schedule the posts.
• Carried out research for articles in the upcoming issues, transcribed interviews with celebrities such as Lorraine Kelly, Karren Brady, and Kelly Hoppen. • I was taught how to use CMS2 at a beginner’s level.
• Transcribed interviews with Head Chefs across the globe, such as Andre Chiang and Aleksander Hekimov, before editing and writing up the interviews for the website.
• Attended one to one meetings with production editors, sound technicians, and the design team. Helped edit shows such as Bargain Hunt and Planet Earth by sitting in with the producers and learning their techniques and skills.