You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
- Administrative support: I ensure the smooth-running of our 8 country offices in Africa by providing efficient administrative support in London. This includes processing and filing expenses, setting up freelancer contracts, composing confidential risk assessments with the utmost detail, booking travel with visas and updating the appropriate information systems that track the whereabouts of our staff. Lastly, I am confident when it comes to utilising the IT office packages on a daily basis alongside the internal broadcast systems. - Organisational skills: comprehensive diary management is a crucial part of my role meaning that I not only organise and prioritise my own work but I also coordinate meetings between the regional director and the team. I also circulate any documentation required prior to the team meetings and take minutes in our regular project reviews. - Procurement and Purchasing: with a firm understanding of the BBC’s procurement policy, I have a great deal of experience in booking travel and hotels as well as raising POs for production equipment. This involves maintaining a strong professional relationship with a huge range of resource providers. - Collaboration and Communication: I am confident in my ability to communicate and collaborate with the staff around me to ensure that work is accurate and timely. I always welcome any requests for assistance from my colleagues (including proposal writing under tight deadlines) and I ensure that they remain informed on a day-to-day basis on the in-country developments that concern them. I also respond to any incoming emails concerning our work in Africa.
- Events Management: on a Flog It valuation day, I would recruit a group of 15 stewards and manage them to ensure that crowd control was in place and that event ran smoothly. In preparation for this, I would also ensure that the crew had all the relevant materials for the day (call sheets, scripts, consent forms, material release forms etc). - Research: communicating with members of the public, I provided information on various topics for the director to inform the show's scripts. In this very collaborative environment, I also assisted in sourcing engaging archive material to feature in the programme under time constraints. - Talent: working with the presenter and on-screen experts, I played a versatile role in fulfilling the needs of the talent while on location. This included a whole range of duties: from driving them to our shoots, to simply fetching them a coffee. - Promotional work: in the office I was instrumental in the promotion of our upcoming valuation days through flyering and social media output. I also responded to all incoming letters and emails from our viewers
- Customer service: with the customers at the core of the coffee shop experience, I delivered swift and friendly service to our customers. As well as developing a strong relationship with our customers, I also built a great rapport with the team around me through clear communication and collaboration.
- Copy writing: in my role at Medavia, I composed articles to feature in various publications including The Sun, The Sunday People and the Daily Mail Online. In writing such pieces, I adapted my work to the house style required for the audience in question and I utilised my research skills to compose news stories quickly. - Communication and collaboration: working in close contact with my colleagues, I collaborated with them order edit their articles and also refine my own.
- Events Management: confidently liaising with artists and venues, I made tickets available to the public for our events and successfully hosted gigs and DJ sets whilst working flexible hours. At the box office, I was crucial in collating and managing all accreditation for our events. I also updated our live events calendar and assisted in securing new bookings. - Promotional writing: I produced press releases which received publication in various Irish newspapers. Further writing experience came in the form of event publicity (eg. promotional emails, poster content) which I would circulate around the city. - Media Monitoring: a crucial part of this role involved monitoring the media exposure of our clients. I organised and filed all of our media clippings. Social Media: I gained a great deal of experience scheduling social media posts and formulating new ways to engage and connect with our audience.