A highly-creative, final-year undergraduate seeking to harness opportunity from the aesthetic and technical understanding of garment design and construction as well as an understanding of products gained from a BA (Hons.) Fashion Design and Marketing degree.
- Final Major Project - TONNIKKITonnikki's brand is a creative response to a problematic hyper climate scenario of an undersea attack by a mythical creature inspired by Peter Watt's Starfish book. How can garments change to defend, attack or adapt to the environment?. The collection mixes the sea environment for inspiration on colour/ mood and applying this with silhouettes/ details from technical sportswear in hiking, cycling, and running to shape innovation. The first collection is named The Importance of Water. A response
- The Pentland Brands Winston Churchill Design Competition 2020To dress Winston Churchill in 2020. - Shortlisted with an interview on the 19th of June. TBC Winston Churchill once wrote that. '... the only thing that ever really frightened me during the war was the U-boat peril' in The Battle of the Atlantic in World War Two. This project is about surviving on the sea in harsh conditions. Understanding what the scenario is and how clothing can counteract any problems that may take place. Merging RAF clothing and the modern extreme sailing suit to create the
- Animal planet - FMP Follow on collectionThis project is in form of a question. If animals evolved as much as the human race from ape to man. What will their bodies look like and what will the purpose of the clothing be. Understanding the different animal habits of how they move and act then amplifying this in the design development to inform a complete collection.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Meet the GFF 2020 Digital Fashion Portfolio Award NomineesThe Digital Fashion Portfolio Award will be given to a well-executed, contemporary and professionally presented digital fashion portfolio that demonstrates an individual and creative identity, whilst communicating a thinking process from the concept ideas, through their development to the final presentation and layout. Meet the nominees!23
- London, United KingdomInternship
- Undertook work within a creative streetwear menswear brand located in London and learnt how to think outside of the box and adopt a more creative and experimental design approach. - Created extreme garments that toyed around with conventional menswear and transformed into high-end products. - Shadowed Designers through the full development process within a small studio environment and gained an understanding of how to establish and startup a successful fashion brand. - Performed a variety of tasks including pattern cutting/making, attending fitting meetings as well as drawing and designing / sorting garments appropriately.
Menswear design assistantFrench Connection
- London, United KingdomFull Time
- Supported the menswear team in all aspects of trend research, brainstorming, selecting details/colour and fabrics for new collections and the creation of CAD drawings for jersey and knitwear garments. - Attended fitting meetings and evaluated products to create garment specifications for manufacturers. - Liaised with overseas manufacturers to provide samples of work and ensured understanding of detail for garments.
+ Show more
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
(BA) Hons Fashion Design and MarketingNorthumbria University
- Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Relevant Modules: Market Research Methods and Enterprise, Fashion Futures, Fashion: Concept to Product, Professional Practice Preparation, Fashion Practice and Promotion, Fashion Illustration & Trend Research, Fashion Marketing and Contemporary Design Influences.