Talented and versatile writer and creative with a track record of standout solutions for pathbreaking startups and world-leading IPs. Strong experience concepting, writing, and delivering memorable and brand-conscious creative for digital content, social campaigns, and game marketing. Informed by in-depth knowledge and personal passion spanning gaming, music, sport, fashion, film, and their intersections in youth and contemporary culture.
- Mighty Bear Games – Game Writing & Narrative ConceptsAt Mighty Bear Games I led narrative development on Butter Royale, the studio's flagship title, and later created and successfully pitched the narrative conceit behind their newest game, the story-driven merge adventure Best Friends Cafe. I was regularly tasked with plotting and presenting narrative concepts expanding the food-themed, family-friendly Butter Royale universe to Mighty Bear's Product team and senior management. Narrative/Game Writing experience by project: Best Friends Cafe • C
- Disney Melee Mania: Tone of Voice & Digital CreativeIn Q4 2020 I oversaw the digital campaign for the announcement of Disney Melee Mania, Disney & Pixar's first ever MOBA, developed for mobile by Mighty Bear Games and published exclusively by Apple Arcade. I created the game's TOV Bible for use by the Disney and Mighty Bear marketing teams and led the conversation around the game's announcement by producing social and App Store copy, a launch trailer concept, and press-facing promotional material.
- BLAST Esports: Video Content (Branded & Editorial)As a Creative at BLAST Esports' in-house content studio I provided concepts, scripts, and treatments responding to creative briefs spanning commercial and editorial VOD content. From personal portraits of star players to Counter-Strike crash courses for casual viewers, the depth and tonal range of BLAST's video content set the brand apart as a key force driving esports' bid for a diverse mainstream viewership.
- Butter Royale: Digital CreativeFrom Q4 2020 to Q4 2021 I led community and social media for Butter Royale, Mighty Bear's flagship title, published exclusively by Apple Arcade as part of the platform's worldwide launch. I set up and ran community channels across Discord, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit, engaging players and growing our user base while using social to develop the Butter Royale IP through narrative copy, character backstories, and compelling ancillary content. I defined and developed the game's inviti
- Astralis x Dr DisRespect: Trash Talk (Video Campaign)As part of a VOD campaign for gaming hardware brand Turtle Beach, I pitched and developed the creative behind what has proved Astralis' most ambitious and high-value content partnership to date. In 'Trash Talk', the famously mild-mannered Astralis squad get a lesson in braggadocio from YouTube Gaming megastar and streaming's best-loved supervillain, Dr DisRespect. The film went viral on release, with over 2.3 million views at time of writing and an ecstatic response from the Counter-Strike and
+ View all
Community Manager / Game WriterMighty Bear Games
London, United KingdomFull Time
Projects: Butter Royale - Mighty Bear's flagship title, published by Apple Arcade as a launch exclusive. Nominated for Best Battle Royale Game at 2020 Pocket Gamer Awards Disney Melee Mania - Disney & Pixar's first ever MOBA, developed in partnership with Disney and Apple Arcade Untitled Project - Narrative-led mobile game Community: • Led copywriting, social media, and creative content efforts across all titles and studio's own public channels • Liaised with Art team to create striking visual content: planned and coordinated production of social assets, from 3D statics to gameplay trailers and an animated miniseries •. Worked and communicated effectively with a cross-functional development team, from Design and Art to Engineering Writing: • Narrative design for forthcoming project: plot, characters, dialogue, items, and FTUE design. Liaised with Product Owner / Artists / Designers on game’s look, feel, and gameplay • Wrote and presented game narrative concepts spanning diverse themes, genres, and USPs to Product team and senior management • Wrote tone of voice bible for Disney Melee Mania, approved and referenced by Disney and Mighty Bear teams • Wrote in-game copy, character backstories, and item metadata across all titles • Edited Mighty Bear’s weekly Medium article series, ensuring cogency and consistent editorial standards across a wide range of specialist topics
CreativeRFRSH Entertainment / BLAST
- London, United KingdomFull Time
• Creative development for a major esports brand, its global tournament series, and professional Counter-Strike team Astralis across all online and physical output: broadcast formats, live activations, video content both commercial and editorial (2.5 million combined views). • Copywriting/scriptwriting to live-broadcast schedules and strict upload deadlines: film scripts, commercial copy, live host/presenter materials, social media posts, and client-facing pitches. • Monitoring of wider trends in gaming and application of popular-culture knowledge to keep messaging current and compelling for target audiences • Helping grow a startup from a three-person London office to a thriving team and commanding presence in the esports industry.
+ Show more
- Video Campaigns
BA (Hons) English Literature - First Class HonoursUniversity of Manchester
- Manchester, United Kingdom