I am Hamish, an ex-professional snowboarder turned creative entrepreneur. I believe in the power of design to change the world. A restless thinker who challenges, surprises and galvanises multi-disciplinary creative teams I lead on big, complex projects. Constantly curious to explore new territory and discover better ways of doing things, my hands-on approach to developing ideas and tools is coupled with the ability to make them real. I am an impetuous learner with a central belief that failure is essential to the strength of our imagination. Extensive work across five continents has kept my finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the world. Inspiring, compelling and authoritative for clients and partners, with an ability to listen, build and maintain C-suite and board level client relationships. An active lifestyle, I am passionate about daily meditation and Iyengar Yoga.
- Hotel LubedenceHotel Lubedence. What was a lively place, now lies in decay under the shadow of Mt. Niseko-Annupuri, Hokkaido, Japan. The images portray an ambiguous idea of what lives and what is dead, past and present. Each image describes what life was like within these hospitable walls, even though the moment is now deceased.
- Adi DasslerAs creative director for the Adi Dassler Foundation – a 250MM$ MFO & Sports Accelerator Program – I set a strategy that focussed on the amateur athlete and entrepreneur. An impetuous learner, I challenged, galvanised and surprised the multi-disciplinary creative team through a complex IP brief. Hosted workshops with client and family to uncover the true essence of Adi’s life, led by the question: what would Adi NOT do? We created educational media, toolkits and a new system of communication mat
- Mr PorterMr Porter is one of the world’s largest online retailers. They sought to showcase a new range of winter clothing utilising an experience content piece set in the French Alpine resort of Chamonix-Mt. Blanc. Spending a day with local legend snowboarder Mr Jean-Baptiste Charlet. A View You Wouldn’t Forget created a story that intersected snow-touring and style. PennyBlackCo. united the snowboarding veteran and gentle demeanour of Babs Charlet with Mr Porter’s production team. TALENT PRODUCTION STRATEGY EDITORIAL
- Mountain MavericksMountain Mavericks have been providing catered winter & summer holidays in the French town of Morzine for over a decade. A family run business founded by Emma & Olly Lambourne in 2003, based in one of Europe’s leading ski areas. A true labour of love, driven by the couple’s passion for mountain habitats. The PBC team re-evaluated their message to clearly communicate their values and define a proposition to drive fiscal growth and expansion. Following the successful rebrand, the company secured investment for a new hotel. STRATEGY BRANDING CREATIVE DIRECTION PHOTOGRAPHY DIGITAL PRESENCE
+ View all
London, United KingdomFull Time
At PennyBlackCo. I bring together my content production expertise, new business strategy, and creative/technical solutions to help ambitious leaders to package their products and services in a way that immediately gets them ahead of the game. Founded in 2009, notable clients include the Adi Dassler foundation, Virgin, Avaunt Magazine, FIFA and the fashion portal, Mr Porter. A charismatic leader with strong emotional intelligence, I embrace and thrive in cross-disciplinary environments. I am fiercely dedicated to people-powered change to propel organisations for good. We build sustainable brand platforms to create and connect communities, in business – and beyond. Key achievements: • Creative director and brand strategist for the Adi Dassler Foundation $250M investment in a Global MFO and lead sports accelerator program. • Brand Strategist & Executive Producer for start-up children’s bicycle company, Gyrobike helping their team in winning €5M seed capital investment. • Involvement with culture design of Discovery Networks International to engage and improve productivity amongst millennial employees in the UK, EMEA and Asia–Pacific. • Strategic direction of All Conditions Media, developing a new business model, to create sustainable revenue streams, which led to the acquisition of Good Mood Media in 2014. • Talent agent and advisor to Monster Energy, Berlin and Mr Porter editorial team. • Architect and steer content creation that ensures client satisfaction, creative, and technical excellence. • Creative dev of Burberry ‘Body’ integrated launch campaign in Shanghai for Passion Pictures. • Concept development of Google House, a 4D Central London event space. • Designer, title sequence for BBC coverage of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Visual researcher, writer and layout freelancer for Passion Pictures; Burberry, Google, BBC. I've put all a selection of my freelance work here: http://cargocollective.com/H-A-M-I-S-H I'd love for you to look at it.
+ Show more
- Pitches Presentation
- Design Layout
- Content Curation
- Creative Direction
- Social Media Marketing
- Brand Communication Planning
- Brand Ambassador
- Brand Architecture
PRCA Agency Of The YearPRCAHelping the agency grow from 3 to 30 people over a two year period, developing an in-house production team to produce relevant and contextual content for blue-chip clients. Supporting a culture of creativity, curiosity and outdoor activity.